Orlando Transportation

Sarahsmom85

Hi

Don't know if I posted this here before or not. Didn't find it in a search.

So here goes.

We are leaving next january for a RCI cruise, flying into Orlando. Since it will be winter up North I would like to leave a few days earlier. I would like to stay at the Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach for 2 days. What I don't have figured out is how to get there then to the ship on Sunday.

What I understand is RCI has a w/c van that will pick up you at the airport and take you to the ship ONLY on the day your ship plans to sail. I do know Mears service the Orlando area, and they might be able to take us to Cocoa Beach.

What I want to know if there is any transportation in the Cocoa Beach area that is w/c accessible?

Only other thing I can think of is to stay in the Orlando area and return to the airport on the day of the cruise and take RCI transportation to the ship.

But the stay in Orlando would cost a lot more. We also stayed in Orlando last yr for 15 days, this is why we thought we'd try Cocoa Beach.

Renting a w/c van cost $100 a day. :eek: :mad:

Thanks for any ideas.

Check out Yellow Cab, they have cabs with a wheelchair ramp (you enter the cab from the back of the car) we have used then everytime we've cruised in Florida. You can call ahead to prearrange this service.

Carol

I live near Port Canaveral so haven't ever used this service, but the telephone yellow pages lists the following taxi company listed under "Wheelchair Transportation." Their ad says it "specializes in handicap transportation" -- "flat rate service to airports, cruise terminals, theme parks, ... 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week" You might give them a call for more information - 321-725-2222. Yellow Cab is 321-723-1234 (their ad does NOT mention handicap transportation but they might have some).

I definitely vote for Cocoa Beach over Orlando!! I love the whole space coast area, and yes, it's much cheaper than Orlando. Art's Transportation (321)783-2112 provides wc accessible transportation to the pier and I think he goes to the airport too. I know he's the provider for the many of park-n-cruise packages (which are becoming very popular) in Cocoa Beach. You might be able to get a good package for both airport and pier transportation from him (on different days).

Candy

Thank you all. I will make same calls and let you all know what I find out.

I can get a good deal on a two night stay. I just wanted to make sure I

would be able to get to the cruise line. I think it would be nice to relax before

the cruise instead of touring Disney.

My husband would like t rent a van and go to Miami but after paying $1600 to rent one last yr I'm not in any hurry to rent on again.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Linda

• 1 month later...

I was able to contact Arts Transportion and for $85 for 2 person one way we and get From orlando to the Radisson Resort Hotel. Everyone else was staying at the Radisson so we decided we'd stay there too. Even if I could have gotton a great 2 day deal at the Holiday Inn. The Radisson will provide transportion to the port with a week advance notice. All we need to do is wait for Southwest to post January prices and we are done.

Archived