hotels in miami

d1cso4

We stayed at the Downtown Miami Hilton hotel before our Eclipse cruise. Taxi was under $9 from the hotel to the pier. Cheap enough for my needs. Why worry about a free shuttle when a taxi is so cheap.

Hi.

i am going to miami on the 11/25/11 to catch the eclipse on the 26th..we were wondering of a hotel near by that offers a shuttle to the port and somewhat cost effective. thanks

Go to lastminutetravel dot com and put in your dates and select 5 stars. The first hotel that pops up for $102 is the Intercontinental, a 5 star hotel right on the bay where you can see the cruise ship out your window when you wake up. Taxi cost is less than $10 to the pier. There are several restaurants at the Bayside marketplace, just a short walk from the hotel and there's a CVS across the street. We loved this hotel. For $102 you can't beat the price.

By the way you will love the Eclipse. It's my favorite ship. Be sure to check out Qsine, one of the specialty restaurants. It's awesome.

View from boardwalk outside hotel.

001.jpg

015.jpg

022.jpg

We stayed at the Downtown Miami Hilton via Celebrity too. Upon check-in they gave us a free view room that was great. just ask. The hotel was clean and nice, but it felt like the "70's" again.

Their free shuttle was at 10:30AM and it was very crowded. So we spent $9 for a taxi to the pier and beat the crowds.

• 1 month later...

I find taxis resonable and less hassle the shuttles in Miami.

Hotels we like in Miami are

W Miami south beach Beach

Ritz Carleton South beach

The Epic hotel

The standard hotel

We usually will stay in any of these for a trip to Miami or pre and post cruise choosing based on price at the time

Archived