EPIC CY DOS review with kid-- 3/5/2011

Sea Monster 2

I'm not sure it's an actual "official" early price, but the price for President's Week 2013 was significantly cheaper than President's Week of 2012 for the same room using the same promo code. So I got OBC and the union discount on top of it, so it was almost $1500 cheaper to wait another year. My PCC said when they first publish rates they are cheaper and then raise in price unless they're trying to sell off the rooms. I booked Epic again soon after they published the Feb 2013 rates. Hope that explains it!

Thank you! That is very helpful. May I ask what OBC and PCC are? ( newbie here) and where do you get the promo code?

SZcakes asked about "OBC" and "PCC."

OBC= on board credit (some refer to this as SBC for ship board credit). This can be part of a promotion from the cruise line or a rebate from a travel agent. Sometimes it is used to compensate for a problem or to equalize a price reduction after booking. Regardless, it is money for you to apply to your on board account.

PCC= name for NCL employee who books your cruise, if you go through NCL directly. Think of it as NCL's in-house travel agent. Some people like to book directly through NCL, other's don't.

There are many other acronymns that get tossed around on these boards. Hang around long enough and you will start to figure them out...if not, just ask. Fortunately it's a lot easier than deciphering a teenager's text messages...LOL!!

Thank you! That is very helpful. May I ask what OBC and PCC are? ( newbie here) and where do you get the promo code?

Darthdaddy's right! It's like another language sometimes :)

As far as the promo code, my husband is in a union so we can use the union discount which is PGUP. I priced it out on the NCL website first without the promo code, then using it to see what the discount was (about 8%). Using that promo code for both weeks and it was still significantly cheaper in 2013 (just priced it again to compare and it's $1837 less for 2013 than 2012). I guess it's because we booked almost 2 years in advance. Whatever the case, I jumped on it because I got the same courtyard villa for about $900 more than I paid the first time, but that was an upsell so it was definitely discounted. Plus the week I'm booking is a "holiday" week with President's day and I'm sure the price will go up. I didn't want to chance waiting for an upsell since they are so random, so we booked. Unfortunately, the deposit for a suite is a lot higher and you can't use the 50% deposit deal when booking suites. But I did get some onboard credit (OBC).

SeaMonster - sorry to take over your wonderful review thread! We didn't want to wait so long to go on Epic again, but since we had to, we booked a cruise on the Gem for just the 2 of us. It'll tide me over. Lots of saving over the next few months, but that's okay :)

Archived