Are there decent shops in Nassau?

Jenbirds

I've been reading these threads and trying to determine if there are shops worth checking out in Nassau, after our day at Atlantis. We don't want to purchase knock-off purses, watches, etc.

Would anyone recommend specific plazas or sites as "must-see" places to purchase cool souvenirs?

Thanks in advance.

Adventure of the Seas '04

Adventure of the Seas '10

Carnival Fascination '11

I've been reading these threads and trying to determine if there are shops worth checking out in Nassau, after our day at Atlantis. We don't want to purchase knock-off purses, watches, etc.

Would anyone recommend specific plazas or sites as "must-see" places to purchase cool souvenirs?

Thanks in advance.

Adventure of the Seas '04

Adventure of the Seas '10

Carnival Fascination '11

Depends on what you think is decent. The Rodeo Dr shops are at atlantis in the lobbies. Marina Village have a few name brand shops such as Tommy Bahamas.

Downtown we have Tommy Bahamas, Del sol, fendi, john bull, Island shop, Little Switzerland, columbian emerald, Piranha Joe, the linen shop, Coins of the realm and a ton of medium range jewelry stores as well as souvenier and junk shops. There's something for everyone's taste.

There are plenty of typica souvenier shops right at the port. Even a few inside the tourist area.

The straw market was a big waste of my time. Just overpriced JUNK!!!

I've heard the same about the Straw Market...we're just looking for neat, unique souvenirs, that may be native to the Bahamas and not mass-produced overseas. :)

I've heard the same about the Straw Market...we're just looking for neat, unique souvenirs, that may be native to the Bahamas and not mass-produced overseas. :)

Then roam thru Festival place as you are leaving the port, and check out the Plait lady .. one on east bay street and one at Marina village at atlantis.. All authentic.

Archived