Billy Joe's Conch Shack

QVickiB

I believe I've been there, but I'd love for someone to verify...

If you're standing at Our Lucaya, facing the ocean, is Billy Joe's Conch Shack the small wooden deck/bar at the right end just off resort property?

Thanks!

Slightly offtopic, but can you eat conch? I thought I read people tried it.. If you can, is it considered shellfish? I know I sound so dumb asking that, but I am *highly* allergic to shellfish and don't feel like spending some of our anniversary in a Bahamas hospital..

You can definitely eat it. It comes out of the big shell, so I'm guessing it's considered shellfish. (I'm not trying to sound sarcastic, as I don't truly know if "anything out of a shell" is considered shellfish or not).

I'd say don't try it...

• 2 weeks later...
Slightly offtopic, but can you eat conch? I thought I read people tried it.. If you can, is it considered shellfish? I know I sound so dumb asking that, but I am *highly* allergic to shellfish and don't feel like spending some of our anniversary in a Bahamas hospital..

step away from the conch!!!

My wife said I was really "selfish" with the Conch I got at Billy Joes! and after I downed many of the Kaliks, you would think that she was *highly* allergic to me!:confused:

Archived