Dolphinaris pictures

nubeetom

I booked the dolphin swim through Royal Caribbean at Dolphinaris. I was wondering how much the pictures and dvd were. I read other threads that say you can haggle with them but I'm not sure if that was for Dolphinaris or Discovery Cove. I am going next week any help would be appreciated. Thans

• 2 weeks later...
I booked the dolphin swim through Royal Caribbean at Dolphinaris. I was wondering how much the pictures and dvd were. I read other threads that say you can haggle with them but I'm not sure if that was for Dolphinaris or Discovery Cove. I am going next week any help would be appreciated. Thans

We were at Dolphinaris in 2009 and did the Dolphin Trainer package. There were only five of us: DH and me, a single woman, and a mom and son. We paid quite a bit for the experience and they were videotaping and taking pictures the whole time. I was really impressed with the whole operation UNTIL we got to the end and they wanted to sell us our pictures and video on a DVD. This is quite the scam and here's how it works: they come up to the group and explain that the DVD of all the video and pictures is $395 (I'm not kidding!). BUT if you split it among the group, they will just charge a bit extra for the extra DVDs they will burn. Our small group would have had to divide the cost only three ways and no way was I or anyone else willing to pay over $100 for the DVD. However, they make you feel like you will let the others down if you don't agree to split it with them. If there is a group of 10 or more separate family groups, that's one thing; but even then, it's quite a scam. I deal with video and DVDs all the time and can tell you they make a fortune on this. I would definitely talk to the group BEFORE you get to the gift shop and explain what will happen. In reality, how often do you really look at those DVDs anyway? We bought a frame and ONE picture each and it still cost me $45!! Our Dolphin Trainer package included a free picture, but only one that they choose and of course they did not choose one that was flattering. I loved everything else about this place. They treat their dolphins so much better than most places...for example their dolphins are not allowed to push with their noses as this is hard on their backs. I really believe they are the best place around as far as the care they give the animals. The trainers we worked with were wonderful too. Just be aware of the "trap" at the end of the experience. You get very caught up in the moment and don't want to be the one to say no to the video and picture DVD. I hope this helps! Have a great time on your cruise!

• 3 months later...

We were there around April 2010 and the experience was nice, although I felt bad for the dolphins =(

At the end they did try to sell us a huge package of pictures and video, I think he started around $499 and we had no intention of buying anything as we had some friends take a few pics while we were there. He left and returned FIVE times with us saying no, not interested but either they were having a slow day or he liked us because in the end we got everything, all the video, pictures and a keychain or two for $75. Obviously more then I wanted as I didn't want anything but my partner wanted the video so she could view it later.

Archived