Norway Fjords Weather?

RivaDiva

I have booked to go to the Norwegian Fjords on the Balmoral in July. Please can anyone give me an idea of what to expect on the weather front.

Am wondering what clothes to take, for instance if its cold outside will it be warm enough inside the ship in the evening for sleeveless dresses?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

I have booked to go to the Norwegian Fjords on the Balmoral in July. Please can anyone give me an idea of what to expect on the weather front.

Am wondering what clothes to take, for instance if its cold outside will it be warm enough inside the ship in the evening for sleeveless dresses?

we done fjords 3years ago and the answer is ITS JUST YOUR LUCK

when we were in flam it was 23c. the next day in geirangerfjord it was 13c bergen great day first 2hours rain thunder for 1 hour great rest of day (THEY SAY IT AWAYS RAINS IN BERGEN)

we were in kristiansand 4years ago ,lovely sunny day but you could feel a slight chill in the air.

i would take warm cardy,jacketand mac.the fjords are great ,fantastic views we loved it ,think youwill as well .have a great time enjoy youself.:o

Sorry to butt in but RivaDiva was asking what the temperature regulation would be like INSIDE the ship (with regard to selecting evening wear). I think we all know it might get a bit chilly on deck.

In 2009 we were in Baie Comeau, Canada where we experienced an early October snowstorm. Our ship was the Balmoral and although the decks were quite icy, it was as warm as toast inside. You won't have any worries wearing sleeveless dresses RivaDiva!

We've had 4 cruises up there with Fred, Bergen was lovely and sunny and hot the first visit, then it was damp and grey the other visits.

Up in the Artic I needed a leather jacket and scarf and beanie mid summer.

I would throw in a short leather jacket and gloves just incase for tours, the evenings on the ship were most pleasant and we are from Australia; being used to the heat we found St Petersberg the warmest of the ports.

Hope that helps and have a fantastic cruise.:p

Ah, thanks so much everyone. We only ever travel south so this is very different or us.

Last year we cruised around Croatia & Montenegro on the Thompson Spirit which I can thoroughly recommend. Never been on a Fred cruise before.

Ah, thanks so much everyone. We only ever travel south so this is very different or us.

Last year we cruised around Croatia & Montenegro on the Thompson Spirit which I can thoroughly recommend. Never been on a Fred cruise before.

We have been on Thomson and Fred Olsen. Much prefer Fred. We have only been on the Braemar, but loved it so much the first time we went back on it last month to the Caribbean. Fabulous:):)

I loved the Thompson Spirit last year. There is a right old ding dong going on in the Thompson forum about the 'quality' of people who cruise with them. So funny. I thought there was a really mixed bunch and if like us you don't like the shows etc in the evening the piano bar was good. Also the food and staff were excellent.

Anyway looking forward to Fred in July too. Is it more formal would you say?

• 3 weeks later...
It isn't so much the weather in the Norwegian Fjords i'd be bothered about, it's the trip over the North Sea from England. I'm going in September 2012 and hope the crossing is going to be ok.

I HAVE SAILED THE NORTH SEA 4X AND HAD ONE BAD FORCE NINE GALE

IN 2009 (JUNE ).OTHER TIMES (MAY) AND (JULY)SEA WAS LIKE GLASS.

ON OUR 4TH TRIP WE SAILED TO ICELAND AND WORST PART WAS A 2DAY SAIL FROM ICELAND TO NORWAY IN A FORCE IO REST OF CRUISE THE SEA AGAIN WAS LIKE GLASS. SO HOPE YOU HAVE A SMOOTH SEA.

OH BY THE WAY MY WIFE HAS JUST REMINDED ME THAT I SLEPT THROUGH FORCE NINE AND ONLY WAKENED WHEN SHIP ENTERED THE TYNE. MUST HAVE BEEN SMALL icon12.gif BELLS I HAD NIGHT BEFOREicon7.gif

Archived