PG boarding time? Any recent reviews?

You may begin to go through the first security 3 hours prior to your flight - 7pm in this case. This puts you ahead of busloads of passengers that come to the airport from dayrooms at hotels at about 8pm.

I arrived at the ship at 12:30 and was told absolutely no boarding before 3pm. They took my luggage and I wandered around downtown Papeete until 2:30, went back to the ship, and they'd started allowing people on. So, in general, don't plan on getting on the ship much before 2:30 - 3pm. Most of the busses of people coming from the dayrooms at the Intercontinental or Radisson Hotels start arriving around 3:30-4:00pm but, even then, embarkation was a breeze.

An incredible cruise with breathtaking scenery.

Try to be on deck in the morning as you're pulling into the bays at Bora Bora and especially Moorea. And if you have a walkman, get a recording of "Bali Hai" from South Pacific and play it as you enter the bay at Moorea - betcha start crying

berniem, I'm assuming you meant embarking the PG. I think it's universally accepted that there are no early embarkations, 3 p.m. is the earliest. Especially now that they let you stay on the ship longer on disembarking morning, you're now apparently allowed to stay on board (not in your room) until about 1 p.m.

Last time we just sailed up in a cab, and walked right on the ship. If you're with a group of fellow-cruisers, of course, then it will be a little slower.

Archived