AURORA July 31st '11 W Med

holiday addict

We are booked on the Aurora in July, and I just wondered how one manages to get an upgrade, if anyone ever does, because the cabins dont seem to be going that fast , when I have checked now I think we should have waited to book (We booked 3rd Jan) as I'm sure it looks cheaper now. Some companies offer free upgrades I see on the Cruise 1st Sky Channel.:confused:

You can't "get" an upgrade, sometimes the cruise line will upgrade you but the whys and wherefores are a mystery to most of us.:confused:

You can't "get" an upgrade, sometimes the cruise line will upgrade you but the whys and wherefores are a mystery to most of us.:confused:

Haha this made me laugh :D

It's a kind of 'upgrade secret society' and none of us are in it. :(

I'm sorry but I really dont understand this. How come you can upgrade for £ xx on tv ads if you cant upgrade? And what happens to all the cabins that are not sold at the time of departure? I am new to all this.!

You can upgrade for ££s if you wish, via your TA or direct if that is how you've booked. You can't necessarily upgrade at the latest prices you're seeing. seb530 explains it in the cancel and rebook thread on here.

Some of the TAs offer free upgrades from one stateroom to a higher grade at time of booking on certain deals. Is that what you're referring to? You can also get a free upgrade by booking a guarantee cabin at a cheaper rate i.e. one that the cruiseline chooses for you.

Cruise booking is going through lots of changes at this time and it's all very confusing. Sorry if this is not very helpful :o

Archived