Cost of Taxi from Ft. laud to Miami????

darjensil

Anyone out there have any idea as to how much a taxi would cost me from Ft. Lauderdale airport to the Clarion Hotel in Miami. I thought I read somewhere on here that it would be like $60?????- for that or a little more I can get a limo I believe- any info is apreciated!! Thanks.

I was just in Fort Lauderdale and checked out the shuttle/limo service for my son in June. You go downstairs to ground trans and out the door. Then the limos will take you to your hotel. They quoted me $17 per person to the Marriott Key Biscayne. That is much less than a taxi.

I'm going at the end of March and spending the night before the cruise in Miami. The cheap thing to do is rent a car in Fort Lauderdale and return it in Miami. Budget works, for instance. It's much cheaper ($30) than a limo or taxi and cheaper and more convenient than a shuttle.

We rented a van from Alamo for $65 from FLL to Miami. Alamo has free shuttles that will take you to the pier and back. We got a van as there were 4 of us and all our luggage. If you have less than that, you could get away with a car which would be even cheaper.

I was just in Fort Lauderdale and checked out the shuttle/limo service for my son in June. You go downstairs to ground trans and out the door. Then the limos will take you to your hotel. They quoted me $17 per person to the Marriott Key Biscayne. That is much less than a taxi.

Did you call ahead to make those reservations or do you just show up and request a limo? Im in the same boat...trying to get from Ft.L to Miami. :cool:

What was the limo service- are they simply out in front of the airport waiting to take people like me to certain places or do you have to call in advance- if you do what was the name of the company or whomever you talked to to get a price of $17 per person????

What was the limo service- are they simply out in front of the airport waiting to take people like me to certain places or do you have to call in advance- if you do what was the name of the company or whomever you talked to to get a price of $17 per person????

Hi,

The name of the shuttle is tri county transportation...their phone is 954-359-1200...you just go to the level where the taxis are and buy a ticket at their counter. It's $17 a person to a miami hotel or the pier, and $19 to Miami airport....they only go one way however...to go back (if your are leaving from ft. lauderdale and not miami) there is a super shuttle that has the contract to go the other direction...if you go to ft. lauderlale visitors and convention site and click on ground transportation or services all the information is there with pricing..including cabs, limo's and shuttles.

http://www.sunny.org/gettingaround/index.cfm?action=transportation

Very simple way to get the information you want

Barb

We are flying in to FLL on May 28 and have also booked the Clarion for the overnite before the cruise. I found a thread on this board talking about the Clarion referenced reviews on tripadvisor.com are absolutely horrible. Does anyone know, is the Clarion "that" bad?

Mike

Tri-County has a few ways to get around and the $17 ride is a shared van ride - the only down side to that is it may take you well over an hour to get to your Miami hotel because of everyone else's stops in between. Tri-County also has a private car rate to Miami for $60 - we are taking the private car from FLL to our Miami hotel. I have also arranged with them to pick us up at the port of Miami tto take us back to FLL - that rate was $80.

Just a heads up about tripadvisor reviews - you have to take them all with a grain of salt but I almost booked a hotel in South Beach until I found out from tripadvisor that it was sandwiched between two of the hottest nightclubs in SoBe- I called to ask if it were true and they really did give out earplugs at the front desk!!!!

Archived