Cigarettes: Still SMOKY in Piano/Disco???

cruisedrew

Hey folks!

Question: Are the piano bars still Smoky?

What about the disco? Smoky?

And the Sports Bar? Smoky?

We haven't been on a cruise in over a year... and here in Ohio indoor smoking has been banned for several years now... I know other states have done the same thing...

It's always a surprise and shock to us when we get on a cruise these days... the second hand smoke...

Carnival: It might be nice to have the piano bar or disco be smoke-free at least a couple nights during the cruise? Or maybe they already did something like this?

Well, just wondering!

Thanks CC friends!

(We sail on the Freedom next month... I'm a teacher! Spring Break! lol!!)

In my experience, the piano bar is still definitely smokey. I think the disco was too, but not nearly as much. Most people in there are there to dance and aren't busy smoking. I was on a sister ship to the Freedom, the Conquest two years ago, and I do remember it being a little smokey around the sports bar, as we had a band playing by there that attracted a huge crowd of people dancing. It didn't seem strong, but my clothes would smell like smoke the next day. I agree that it would be nice (for people like us) to have a smoke free day or two in the piano bar, but I doubt they would ever do that.

Good the weekly smoking thread....Popcorn anyone?

Oops!

Sorry!

I didn't mean to start a thread that's been done. Sorry! I did a search... didn't find anything. (Don't get on here too much... just got on recently, since cruise is next month.)

Well Sorry guys!

Thanks for the answer (first poster.)

Drew

I would love to see the piano bar smoke free... I cant stand to go in there on Carnival and really miss it, I didnt know how much until a recent HAL cruise that did not allow smoking in the Piano Bar. We had so much fun really wish we could enjoy it on Carnival.

I will keep sailing on Carnival & will probably never sail HAL again so I Guess I can keep wishing :)

Hey folks!

Question: Are the piano bars still Smoky?

What about the disco? Smoky?

And the Sports Bar? Smoky?

We haven't been on a cruise in over a year... and here in Ohio indoor smoking has been banned for several years now... I know other states have done the same thing...

It's always a surprise and shock to us when we get on a cruise these days... the second hand smoke...

Carnival: It might be nice to have the piano bar or disco be smoke-free at least a couple nights during the cruise? Or maybe they already did something like this?

Well, just wondering!

Thanks CC friends!

(We sail on the Freedom next month... I'm a teacher! Spring Break! lol!!)

Thanks for posting your questions. Like you we're in a state that's been smoke-free for years, and it's always a disappointing surprise when we walk into a place in another state and are hit with other peoples smoke. We were on RCCL's Adventure of the Seas a couple of years ago and just wanted to go into one of the bars to hang out, but it was so incredibly smokey that we left. I wouldn't want them to exclude smoking everywhere, but it would be nice to have 1 or 2 club type places to go that were smoke-free.

Milburn on the Conquest doesn't allow smoking at the piano, keeps them in the back corners of the room so it's not to bad. The Ecstasy is flat nasty, no ventilation and about five minutes is enough.

Coming from a town that banned smoking indoors several years ago, it seems very strange to have people smoking indoors.

Let's put it this way: when I tried to go into the sports bar I literally couldn't breathe. The smoking policy is my only complaint about Carnival. They allow smoking in nearly every bar so people who are never around cigarette smoke at home just can't use them.

Let's put it this way: when I tried to go into the sports bar I literally couldn't breathe. The smoking policy is my only complaint about Carnival. They allow smoking in nearly every bar so people who are never around cigarette smoke at home just can't use them.

Try the ships out of CA and also the Dream and it might suit you better as they area bit more restrictive about where people can smoke

Archived