bathrooms on Epic

Bibi

I have heard that the bathrooms on Epic are not private. To those that have been on this ship, is this true? I see the sink is IN the room. Are the showers IN the room too? The toilets? Anybody have pics? Thinking of booking with two friends, but if the bathrooms are not private, that isnt going to happen! :o

I have heard that the bathrooms on Epic are not private. To those that have been on this ship, is this true? I see the sink is IN the room. Are the showers IN the room too? The toilets? Anybody have pics? Thinking of booking with two friends, but if the bathrooms are not private, that isnt going to happen! :o

The bathrooms are not private in the way traditional ones are. The toilet and the shower are on opposites sides of the entry door, and the walls are done in frosted glass. They are separated from the rest of the room by a curtain, and on the room side of the curtain is the sink. We loved the layout for our family of 4, but based on the tone of your email I would say you would not be comfortable in a Epic balcony room with 2 friends.

Another option is for all 3 to book private Studio cabins. You each get your own room, bed, bath, etc., all without paying the double occupancy penalty.

The shower is on one side, and the toilet is on the other side, the main cabin door separates the 2. The sink is separate from both. The frosted glass on both the shower and toilet is very good, and you can not see anything through them. There is also a large curtain that you can pull to completely isolate the entire bathroom area, but leaves access to the sink. I will post the only picture I have of the bathroom area, but it isn't a very good one.

In my opinion, the bathroom set-up is great!!!

P1070149.jpg

Here is the shower and sink in a room with the sink in front of the couch. They actually changed the faucets since these were taken to reduce splashing. The toilet is just like the shower room but on the opposite side of the door. THere's a curtain that slides between the entry/toilet/shower area and the sink

354-vi.jpg

Here's the same items in an opposite room with the sink in front of the bed

489-vi.jpg

The shower is on one side, and the toilet is on the other side, the main cabin door separates the 2. The sink is separate from both. The frosted glass on both the shower and toilet is very good, and you can not see anything through them. There is also a large curtain that you can pull to completely isolate the entire bathroom area, but leaves access to the sink. I will post the only picture I have of the bathroom area, but it isn't a very good one.

In my opinion, the bathroom set-up is great!!!

P1070149.jpg

hey cariboukids, is that a standard balcony? a deluxe or a family????

hey cariboukids, is that a standard balcony? a deluxe or a family????

4 person Deluxe. It's about 8 feet longer than a standard balcony, the same width, and may or may not have a bathtub (but will a least have a HUGE shower)

I think some marketing person decided that these are now "mini suites", which is confusing because they have none of the suite amenities.

Little known info. The regular balcony cabins have blue bed ruffles and couch pillows, and the deluxe balconies have a fuscia color. There's a lot of color coding on this ship (elevator lights, carpets, room decor, etc.)

cool, thanks for the reply mike, my wife and i will be in a deluxe on april 9th im getting so excited since this will be our first cruise and looking at the pic of the room woo hoo lol

You need to read this review (in process). Tons of info, including pictures

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1386629

Archived