Central Park Balcony Room

Have not stayed in a c.p. balcony room. That said, having seen them and observed from below, I would say the following.

Pro:

Central Park is beautiful at night and pretty quiet

Would be a nice place to sit out on a balcony at night

Lovely sound of birds and crickets piped in (really sound real)

Con:

Lots of people below at the restaurants, especially during the day

People looking up at you while your on the balcony

I agree with Fmpitw, but would add that for Central Park (and Boardwalk) you get the noise from the decks above. In the case of Central Park, the pools are above you and you'll hear some noise, but it's not unpleasant.

Lee

We stayed in a CP balcony on Allure in December that was right above the rising tide and there is zero noize from the rising tide. What there is noise from is the pool areas above. I thought of this ahead of time and booked a room on deck 10 however you could still hear it and it even woke me up from my nap one afternoon(even with the balcony door shut!)

While we liked the room because Central park is very pretty at night, we never really felt like we were on a ship because we didn't see any water! I would probably not book one again for that reason but some people really love them and right now you can get a great price and onboard gratuities if you book one!

Debra

Thanks! How do I get the on board gratuities? If I book through Royal? I had not found that yet! But that is a nice discount.

I had not even thought about pool noise! We spend most afternoons by the pool anyway so it should be ok.

I have seen the onboard credit offered several places for boardwalk or central park view balcony rooms. I think that royal has it on their website however I know that AAA is offering some great incentives as well such as onboard credit, champagne upon boarding, priority boarding, free specialy restaurants on Allure or the Oasis and maybe something else, can't remember for sure. Of course I see all these things after I have already booked!! LOL

Just search the web and you can find some great deals!

Debra

We stayed in a CP room on the Oasis. We faced Vintages ..it was very peaceful. No noise whatsoever. Everything others have posted is true. Twinkling lights and music at night. It was fantastic! I'd stay there again in a heart beat.

Archived