Caribbean Princess April 17th

CRUISING FROM SC

We are sailing on Caribbean Princess on April 17th and the ship still seems to have alot of vacant cabins. Is this normal for this ship/cruise? :confused: We were hoping to see an upgrade or price reduction, but with 21 days out and so many cabins available I don't think we wil get any discounts. Love to hear others thoughts on this. My DH is afraid we've picked a bad cruise.:eek:

Posting to bump this back to the first page...

I don't have the answers but I am curious about the experts' responses.

I am on this trip also (this one plus the next one -b2b).

I don't think I picked a bad cruise - it's the CB out of San Juan with excellent itinerary - who could ask for more :)

But I am curious as to why so many empty cabins during spring break!!!

Maybe the effects of ridiculous airfare?

Thanks,

Lori

Probably the airfare is a factor for folks flying out of the United States. What will probably happen is that Princess will offer the voyage at a significant discount to residents of Puerto Rico and will fill the ship that way...

I'm going to go with the high airfare. I know I'm glad we booked ours when we did.

I hope this doesn't turn into one of the cruises I've read others post about where Princess offers low rates to fill the ship and you get a bunch of wild, inconsiderate people. If I wanted to cruise on the wild side I'd pick something besides Princess. I'm looking for a relaxing week visiting beautiful islands.

They might be in the process of assigning cabins to those who booked guarantees.

Just because a lot of cabins appear to be vacant, that doesn't mean that the cruise is undersold. Many people may have booked guarantees, which are unassigned until close to sailing.

They might be in the process of assigning cabins to those who booked guarantees.

Just because a lot of cabins appear to be vacant, that doesn't mean that the cruise is undersold. Many people may have booked guarantees, which are unassigned until close to sailing.

I hope this is the case - I'm doing B2B (4/17 & 4/24) and both trips are showing +++ cabins (a lot) available.

I wasnt looking for a wild, rowdy cruise (which I've read could happen with last minute sales)...

Hopefully they have a lot of cabins to assign :)

Thank you everyone for your thoughts / comments !!!

Lori

Archived