Anyone used "Tony's Rentals" recently?

SoMuchMeat

As the title states, anyone use Tony recently? I'm going to be on GT via Carnival in June.

I contacted him through his website about reserving a jeep, telling him what day I would be in port.

He emailed me back saying my reservation was confirmed. Never asked for a credit card or any other details.

I was like...ok...? I guess this is the "island" way of doing business? Does this guy actually show up with your rental as promised?

I've searched and read a couple posts here from years back saying he operates out of the back of a truck and on one occasion he didn't show, some bystander or go-between telling the customers he had something else to do that day. I wondering if I should "double book" with another provider just in case...? I really want to have a jeep guaranteed so I can explore the island.

• 1 year later...

We used Tony for scooters, not jeeps, this past March (2012). I was skeptical that we would have scooters waiting for us since he did not take a credit card nor did he give a confirmation # for the reservations.

True to his word, the scooters were waiting. Others tried to rent them but our group had taken all he had for rent at that time.

I just wrote to Tony again about scooter rentals for November. This time, Tony told me he needed a credit card to hold them. I am in the process of writing him back about the change in his reservation policy since last March. Little skeptical giving out my card without filling out a form of some kind after my card was compromised recently.

If he does not take a credit card from you to hold a jeep, just e-mail him a week before your cruise to remind him about the rental. Take a copy of your e-mail with you. I have learned this from past experiences with other reservations. Hope this helped.

We were just in Grand Turk last week (june 12th) and we rented a jeep from Tony. We wrote several emails back and forth over a course of three-four months. In the very last email, he mentioned he needed credit card information.

Anyway, we were pleasantly PLEASED :)

The jeep was four door, air conditioned, very clean (inside and out)....the right front passenger window didn't roll up/down (electric windows), but we made sure we pointed that out before we left, as we didn't want him to think we had damaged it.

Anyway, they took our credit card info. then.

The jeep was on empty, and we went into town and put $20 (cash) of gas into the tank.

My husband had no problem driving on the left. He also brought his GPS with him just for fun :)

When we returned, Tony and his co-worker were waiting. We paid the $80 in cash (as we had assumed he would want it that way). They brought my husband back up to the port to drop him off.

One thing I wasn't prepared for, though, is that even though we were told we had to walk outside the fence/gate to get the car , we didn't realize just how large the parking lot was going to be. You know, you just never know with these ports. But when we walked out, sure enough, there were some golf carts waiting there, and some other tour guide folks.... We just started asking if any of those guys were Tony. They pointed out where to go, and this young man approached us, and knew who we were. We asked him if he were Tony. He told us he worked FOR Tony. He knew our names, and I started to get out my printed off emails to show him we had rented the jeep, but he said he didn't need them. We didn't have to prove who we were. But of course, there was paper work to be filled out - and he had to get information off of my husband's driver's license. He took our CC information at that time.

As I said, the jeep was in great conditiion, and the a/c was a blessing. We drove all OVER the island - the main road, back roads, gravel roads, dirt roads. Saw wild running horses, donkeys, etc.

We had a GREAT experience with Tony.

In fact, I wrote him a note yesterday thanking him ....and I rec'd a note back from him today.

Hope this helps relieve a few fears. Enjoy your time on Grand Turk. It was our favorite port :)

blessings...robin

• 3 weeks later...
We were just in Grand Turk last week (june 12th) and we rented a jeep from Tony. We wrote several emails back and forth over a course of three-four months. In the very last email, he mentioned he needed credit card information.

Anyway, we were pleasantly PLEASED :)

The jeep was four door, air conditioned, very clean (inside and out)....the right front passenger window didn't roll up/down (electric windows), but we made sure we pointed that out before we left, as we didn't want him to think we had damaged it.

Anyway, they took our credit card info. then.

The jeep was on empty, and we went into town and put $20 (cash) of gas into the tank.

My husband had no problem driving on the left. He also brought his GPS with him just for fun :)

When we returned, Tony and his co-worker were waiting. We paid the $80 in cash (as we had assumed he would want it that way). They brought my husband back up to the port to drop him off.

One thing I wasn't prepared for, though, is that even though we were told we had to walk outside the fence/gate to get the car , we didn't realize just how large the parking lot was going to be. You know, you just never know with these ports. But when we walked out, sure enough, there were some golf carts waiting there, and some other tour guide folks.... We just started asking if any of those guys were Tony. They pointed out where to go, and this young man approached us, and knew who we were. We asked him if he were Tony. He told us he worked FOR Tony. He knew our names, and I started to get out my printed off emails to show him we had rented the jeep, but he said he didn't need them. We didn't have to prove who we were. But of course, there was paper work to be filled out - and he had to get information off of my husband's driver's license. He took our CC information at that time.

As I said, the jeep was in great conditiion, and the a/c was a blessing. We drove all OVER the island - the main road, back roads, gravel roads, dirt roads. Saw wild running horses, donkeys, etc.

We had a GREAT experience with Tony.

In fact, I wrote him a note yesterday thanking him ....and I rec'd a note back from him today.

Hope this helps relieve a few fears. Enjoy your time on Grand Turk. It was our favorite port :)

blessings...robin

So he took ur cc info so you would bring the jeep back??? Or could u have paid with card & not the cash?? Was it a hardtop jeep, standard or automatic?? Debating between golf cart or jeep. TIA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Bringing this post back up. Wondering if anyone has rented from Tony more recently. I am leaving on Saturday for a cruise and have scooters rented with Tony for my group. Just want to make sure nothing has changed.

Will you post when you get back and let us know if it all worked out? I have scooters rented with Tony in 3 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Karib Golf Carts in Grand Turk: Alternative to Nathan's

We have visited Grand Turk twice and will be returning in January. You can go right outside the gates to see if he has a golf cart if you have not reserved in advanced. They seem to go faster than Nathan” carts’. This company is dependable; that is they are at the right outside the gate when the ship docks and not an hour late. There are ATV rentals available,too. but we prefer golf carts. The view from the lighthouse was awesome. Govenor's beach wasn't quite as nice as I thought it would be. The prison ($3 admission) and the Turks and Calicos Museum ($5 admission) were interesting.

Karib Auto Rental. Max Latortune. 649-242 -7826

E-mail: karibarental@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ karibarental

• 2 weeks later...
@girlscruise2011 how did the scooters work out?? We have done golf carts in the past but Nathan is not responding so we were thinking of renting scooters from Tony. How many people on each scooter ( I am hoping 2 will fit)

Thanks! Brenda

Sorry for the late response. The scooters worked out well. Someone from Tony's was right there at the pier waiting for us. We had to walk a little bit to pick up the scooters, sign forms and pay. We had 2 people fit easily and the scooters were in decent shape.

I would definately recommend Tony's for scooters. There was another company renting scooters across the street from where Tony's was but unfortunately, I didn't get their name. They looked newer but they also looked smaller.

Sorry for the late response. The scooters worked out well. Someone from Tony's was right there at the pier waiting for us. We had to walk a little bit to pick up the scooters, sign forms and pay. We had 2 people fit easily and the scooters were in decent shape.

I would definately recommend Tony's for scooters. There was another company renting scooters across the street from where Tony's was but unfortunately, I didn't get their name. They looked newer but they also looked smaller.

Thanks!:D

• 3 weeks later...

We are planning on visiting GT next fall, and considering renting a Jeep from Tony's rentals to tour the island. Our ship will be in port from 8 am until 3 pm...wondering if that is enough time to tour the island, or will we be rushed?

We are planning on visiting GT next fall, and considering renting a Jeep from Tony's rentals to tour the island. Our ship will be in port from 8 am until 3 pm...wondering if that is enough time to tour the island, or will we be rushed?

Grand Turks is a very small island. You will have plenty of time.