King Kam Hotel - car rental

lrwl2006

We have rented a car through Thrifty next month and are supposed to pick it up at the King Kam Hotel in Kona. Does anyone know if that location is open since the tszunami? Thanks!

I hope all is well since we have a car rented at their location in mid-May! I just checked our Blue Chip reservation page and it is still on the schedule for the King Kam. I would think if there had been a change we would have been notified.

When are you sailing?

We will be in Kona on April 30. I've tried calling and only get a recording but maybe they are only open when cruise ships are in port. I also tried the airport location and all I get are options to press but no live person! I'll try again in the next couple of days. I think the hotel is open so hopefully so is the car rental!

We will be in Kona on May 4, and my Blue Chip reservation has not changed. I read that the dock has been fixed and has been accepting cruise ships, so I would assume that if there was a problem with picking up at the hotel, we would have received an e-mail by now.

Just returned from a week on POA. The Thrifty location at the King Kam hotel is open so there will be no problem picking up your car from there.

Great to know! Thank you for relieving all of our minds. How was Kona? Did you happen to go to the Place of Refuge? I know it was closed after the tsunami. I was wondering if it was open yet. Also, wondering if people were snorkeling at Two-Step yet?

A lot of Place of Refuge is closed. Here is the link:

http://www.nps.gov/puho/loader.cfm?csModule=security/getfile&PageID=422621

I even called the number suggested which gave the same information. We are still 4 weeks away so are hoping things will change.

Thanks. We are 6 weeks away, so will be anxious to see how things unfold before then. I was wondering if people are snorkeling at Two-Step next door, yet, also?

Archived