Old Montreal Question

Gsel

We will be arriving at our hotel in Old Montreal at 8pm or later after along flight with no meal. Can anyone (Ephraim?) suggest a place for a light meal or should we just get something at the airport and bring it to the hotel? Thanks for the help.

We will be arriving at our hotel in Old Montreal at 8pm or later after along flight with no meal. Can anyone (Ephraim?) suggest a place for a light meal or should we just get something at the airport and bring it to the hotel? Thanks for the help.

Don't eat at the airport. I assure you that 8PM is prime dinner time in Montreal and restaurants in Montreal are open much later than that.

But you have to give me a better idea of what you want, your dining preferences. For example, if you like great food, don't care about price and love a lively heavy rock music place then my suggestion is very different from saying you want a great steak or an inexpensive meal. Old Montreal has a lot of places, so you need to give me a better deal and which hotel, so I can give you something in easy walking distance (or if you need to make a reservation.)

Thanks for the reply. Since we will be tired I will imagine we will want just a light meal with a glass of wine and save the nice meal for the next evening. We will be at the Auberge Sans Soucy.

Thanks for the reply. Since we will be tired I will imagine we will want just a light meal with a glass of wine and save the nice meal for the next evening. We will be at the Auberge Sans Soucy.

Easy answer... Stash Café, delightful Polish food, reasonable prices, good atmosphere.

http://goo.gl/maps/gaLe

Same question. We are staying at the Hotel Le Dauphin Downtown

Much harder area. There is a Steak-Frites St-Paul for French style steak. The restaurant in BYOB.

If you can get a reservation on OpenTable then F Bar or Brasserie T on Jeanne Mance. There is a St-Hubert Barbeque on St-Catherine street and a Baton Rouge (which is an overpriced copy of the American Houston's chain.)

Anyone have any review o information on Nocohi it is located in the Downtown Area,slated as light fare,fast food?Listed in Frommers Guide

It's a café and pastry shop, corner Sherbrooke and Mackay, near the MMFA. I assume it's lunch only, since it's not in an area which would have foot traffic at night (unless you are running to Holts.)

It's a café and pastry shop, corner Sherbrooke and Mackay, near the MMFA. I assume it's lunch only, since it's not in an area which would have foot traffic at night (unless you are running to Holts.)

Thanks, since we are not going until June 2012 I am sure I will be posting many more questions.

Archived