Tips for Balcony Cabin on Allure?

Hello, im travelling on the Allure next year and im wondering which are the best Ocean View Balcony Cabins (regular ones not suites).

I have booked room 8680 on Deck 8 (D8 class) but I cant find information anywhere about it. Is it a good cabin? Is it a good location? Is the balcony private (meaning that you wont be seen from the upper rooms)?, Is it quiet or noisy there? etc...

Has anyone been on that cabin that have info or photos of it, or can anyone recommend me a good cabin? Since I have more than a year, theres still time to change it..

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

I was not in 8680, but I think it is a good location. You are on the starboard side, most likely the ship will dock on that side. You are just 5-6 doors away from the midship elevators, very convenient. Deck is great because Central Park is there. You are short walk away from Park Cafe which is a good spot for breakfast and lunch. Two flights down is the boardwalk and three flights down is the Royal Promenade.

-my two cents.

Thanks for your quick reply...

I really liked that im close to the elevators too...do you know about the balconies? Do you know if you can be seen from the upper balconies or something like that? or are they really "private"?

Not sure how "private" you are wanting BUT...

If this class of ship is like the others then your neighbors above or below you will go unnoticed unless you are leaning against the railing.

Your neighbors to your side though are another thing all together! The partitions between each balcony area are half frosted-glass and half metal. The glass portion of the partition can be folded back if you are traveling with others and want a bigger balcony area.

Also, never ASSUME that because it's quiet that no one is sitting on their balcony next door. My sister (our families cruise together) LIVES on her balcony when cruising but is very quiet. Balcony romance requires planning unless you don't mind an audience! :eek:

AND....if this is not what you were asking....nevermind :o LOL

The mid-ship aspect is awesome though because regardless of where you are going you will always be half way there!

Archived