Spa Cabin Upgrade - Did you get the amenities?

CruiseLiz

I called Carnival this afternoon to ask them about this subject. They replied that we are absolutely entitled to all of the Spa Cabin perks even though we were upgraded. The upgrade was given to us in lieu of OBC when I noticed a price drop after final payment.

Just because one person on the phone told you that doesn't mean the ship will give you the spa perks. You could call back to Carnival 4 more times and get 4 different answers.

Again, you will know if you get the perks once you board. No telling for sure until then.

This is from the goccl site:

Important Things to Know

•Spa amenities are only available to guests who pay for spa staterooms or suites. In the event that guests are upgraded into the Spa staterooms, they will not be eligible for the additional amenities.

•Only the 1st and 2nd guests in a Spa stateroom will receive the amenities; 3rd and 4th guests and are not entitled to amenities.

•18 is the minimum age for body treatments and use of the Thermal Suite.

•Hair, nails, facial services and the fitness center can be enjoyed by guests of 13 years and older, provided they are accompanied by their parent or guardian for service and booking.

•Charges apply for the Thermal Suite area for those guests in Non-Spa staterooms.

This is from the goccl site:

Important Things to Know

•Spa amenities are only available to guests who pay for spa staterooms or suites. In the event that guests are upgraded into the Spa staterooms, they will not be eligible for the additional amenities.

•Only the 1st and 2nd guests in a Spa stateroom will receive the amenities; 3rd and 4th guests and are not entitled to amenities.

•18 is the minimum age for body treatments and use of the Thermal Suite.

•Hair, nails, facial services and the fitness center can be enjoyed by guests of 13 years and older, provided they are accompanied by their parent or guardian for service and booking.

•Charges apply for the Thermal Suite area for those guests in Non-Spa staterooms.

That was previously posted.

I don't understand this entire thread. If I'm upgraded to a spa stateroom (no matter how it happened) I would expect to have the amenities of the new stateroom category available to me. That's like saying that you're being upgraded from an oceanview to a balcony, but because you didn't pay a certain price, you can't go out on the balcony.

Sent from my iPad

Doh.

Don't know how I missed that.

:D

I don't understand this entire thread. If I'm upgraded to a spa stateroom (no matter how it happened) I would expect to have the amenities of the new stateroom category available to me. That's like saying that you're being upgraded from an oceanview to a balcony, but because you didn't pay a certain price, you can't go out on the balcony.

Sent from my iPad

You have to think with CArnival's cost-cutting mentality.