What is there to do in Belize?

S & P orl

Well, there's always drinking!

But no, not much to do at the port area.

You could walk into the city, but it's a working city, so not touristy and nothing to do unless you need to go to the grocery store.

I've never gone (but plan to), but people go to either Bannister Island or Caye Caulker. There's lots of info about these places over on the Belize board.

I've been to Lamanai Ruins, which I enjoyed. But that does involve quite a bit of walking.

Belize is always a stop I just get off the boat and find a cheap place to have a few beers and people watch.

That's what we are going to do this year. We went to Belize last year and did the Carnival Altun Ha tour - one word - horrible. The tour guides we had were aweful and it was terrible experience - so we decided if we go back we will just go to the pier, look around, eat and have a drink and get back on ship!

I have heard great excursion experiences - especially if you dive/snorkel - which we don't do either - I like to snorkel but DH doesn't like to do either one!

We did the Altun Ha last year through Norwegian and it was a great tour. We took a bus out the the ruins, stopped for lunch then took a boat back down the river. The ruins did involve a lot of walking and climbing. We have also done Bannister Island. Our first time there we did cave tubing and that was a blast!

Archived