What happened to Carnival's private island?

poohbear8

We were on the Pride in 2002 and we went to an island that had "swim with the stingrays". It sounds (and looks) like what people are calling Blue Lagoon. Did Carnival sell it or am I remembering another place?

This island was our first stop and we loved it. Hammocks, kids were in "camp", so DH and I got to spend some time alone. (until he flipped the hammock...but that is another story! :) )

Thanks!

Peg :cool:

We were on the Pride in 2002 and we went to an island that had "swim with the stingrays". It sounds (and looks) like what people are calling Blue Lagoon. Did Carnival sell it or am I remembering another place?

This island was our first stop and we loved it. Hammocks, kids were in "camp", so DH and I got to spend some time alone. (until he flipped the hammock...but that is another story! :) )

Thanks!

Peg :cool:

I believe you are describing Half Moon Cay, which is Holland America's private island. Insofar as HA is in the Carnival corporate group, it can be thought of as Carnival's island, but I don't believe Carnival ships actually go there anymore. (They did at one time). You can always book on Holland America if you want to revisit. :)

best,

John

We went to Half Moon Cay in June 2003 on the Pride but I haven't see any excursions going there since then (they had advertised it as Carnival's own private island, probably like the other poster said since they're in HA's group) It was such a beautiful, scenic island!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived