Jetsgo Ceases Operations

DanJ

Jetsgo Ceases Operations

MONTREAL, March 11 /CNW/ - Jetsgo Corporation announced today that it is

ceasing all operations effective immediately.

Passengers are advised to make alternative travel arrangements prior to

going to the airport as there will be no Jetsgo staff or aircraft available.

Travellers seeking to return to their point of origin must make alternative

arrangements with other airlines or with their travel agent or tour operator.

Jetsgo will be asking that the Quebec Superior Court immediately grant it

protection under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act. Court protection

will allow Jetsgo to consider all options available to reorganize its affairs.

Given difficult market conditions resulting from competitive pressures in

the Canadian airline industry, Jetsgo has determined that, in the

circumstances, it is prudent and responsible to discontinue its operations and

ground all of its planes.

Michel Leblanc, President of Jetsgo, said: "We deeply regret that this

had to happen. The decision to cease operations was only taken after difficult

deliberation. We are very concerned about our customers and the significant

hardship that this action causes. In the meantime, we encourage our passengers

to contact their travel agent or an alternative airline."

Jetsgo intends to keep its stakeholders, including its employees and

customers, informed of the development of its restructuring process.

Information and Court filed documents regarding the CCAA proceedings will be

available on Jetsgo's website at http://www.jetsgo.net as well as on RSM Richter

Inc.'s website at http://www.rsmrichter.com and will regularly be updated.

Information may also be obtained by communicating with RSM Richter Inc. by

telephone at 1-800-246-1125.

If you are a customer of Jetsgo and have paid for a flight that is no

longer scheduled, you may wish to communicate with the Canadian Transportation

Agency: by telephone, 1-888-222-2592, by fax, 1-819-953-5686 or on its website

at http://www.cta.gc.ca, or the appropriate provincial authority.

That and the engines blowing out on the one flight out of Toronto last weekend, and the engine problems on the flight that had to stop in South Carolina on the way back from Florida last week. Or the plane that went off the runway in Calgary about 6 weeks ago.

That and the engines blowing out on the one flight out of Toronto last weekend, and the engine problems on the flight that had to stop in South Carolina on the way back from Florida last week. Or the plane that went off the runway in Calgary about 6 weeks ago.
No, I wouldn't have said that they were likely to have been symptoms. They're just normal operational problems.

The RVSM problem was a deep systemic issue - Jetsgo hadn't sorted out their organisational systems to comply with RVSM requirements. That's the sort of issue which is often symptomatic of deep, deep management problems, or of management that's distracted by bigger issues which might prove fatal to the company.

I booked with Jetsgo for my flight in May to Ft Lauderdale as my family is to embark on the Carribean Princess :mad:

I dont even know if we'll be able to get the money back at this point. I believe there is something called chargeback where the money will be returned by our credit card company if the service isnt fulfilled.

This sucks

No, I wouldn't have said that they were likely to have been symptoms. They're just normal operational problems.

The RVSM problem was a deep systemic issue - Jetsgo hadn't sorted out their organisational systems to comply with RVSM requirements. That's the sort of issue which is often symptomatic of deep, deep management problems, or of management that's distracted by bigger issues which might prove fatal to the company.

I would say the engine problems were an indicator of the lack of maintenance this company was doing, because they couldn't afford it with those stupid $1 tickets they sold. 2 engines out of 32 in the fleet on consecutive days? That and the RVSM showed a sloppiness that, while proved fatal to the company, could have, but thankfully didn't, prove fatal to a planeload of passengers.

One of my managers at work was all upset because her in-laws were supposed to fly south with Jetsgo this weekend. I told her not to be upset, but thankful that they don't have to now. This airline was a tragedy waiting to happen.

That is not as bad, as the weekend that I have had this weekend. We are supposed to leave Sunday (tomorrow) on Jetsgo, we found out Friday that they went ouf of business..

We thought that we were going to have to leave today (saturday), and drive down to Florida. But, then we found out that we had another flight on Harmony Airlines. So we thought that all systems were a go. But then at noon today, we found out that the flight on Harmony was cancelled.

Now.. we have to drive to Detroit tonight at midnight, to catch a flight to Orlando.

.... Vacation from hell.

That is not as bad, as the weekend that I have had this weekend. We are supposed to leave Sunday (tomorrow) on Jetsgo, we found out Friday that they went ouf of business..

It sounds awful, but look on the bright side....you found out when there was still time to make alternate arrangements to get to your cruise unlike other poor travellers who were stranded at the airport.... and instead of spending 48 hours driving to get to Fla and back you only have to do a return trip to Detroit (about 3 hrs each way?)

I hope the rest of your trip goes well and that you'll have all your problems out of the way by the time you board the ship!

Archived