Anyone know about the Summerfield Suites near the Miami airport ?

luvdvc

Hi -

We are arriving in Miami on Friday night before our Saturday (4/23/05)departure on the Navigator. Since we won't be getting in until 10PM or so, I think we have decided on staying in the airport area.

We are a group of 6. The Summerfied Suites near the Miami airport looks like a decent place and with an AARP rate (thanks to Grandma coming along) of $135 per night for a 2BR suite, is very hard to beat price wise !

My biggest concerns: is this in a safe area and is it clean ?

How was the shuttle from the airport ?

How did you get to the port ? Would it be better to get a couple of taxis in the morning or look into them making arrangements fro us on a shuttle ? Any idea what the cost would be ?

Any info you can provide would be vey much appreciated !

Thanks !:)

Luvdvc,

That is a great rate for the 2 bedroom. I have stayed at the hotel many times. It is very clean and has wonderful beds.

The area is safe but not much to do in the area.

Airport shuttle very good from the hotel. However from the airport it is a zoo. It's the same with all the shuttle services just be patient.

Enjoy your stay.

Hope this helps.

mcboo:)

We stayed there one night pre and post cruise for our Galapagos cruise and it's a very nice place. Two of our groups had the 2 bedrooms and each had their own room and bath with the kitchen and living room between them. Kids loved the pool.

Shuttle from the airport was great when they picked us up the first time but we had to wait about 45 minutes when we got back from Ecuador. They are suppose to be on 30 minute cycles but we think he took his break and didn't do one of the rounds. You just go and get your luggage and wait on the curb for them. We never used it to the port.

One suggestion I have is go become a Wyndham by Request member, it's free. Just go to the Wyndham or Summerfield site and sign up and then tie your new number to your reservation number. One thing they do is give you treats upon your arrival if you sign up and fill out the info. I had a small bottle of white zin and a bag of peanut m&m's waiting for me when I checked in.

If you go out of the hotel and take a right and then I think a right to the main street and take a left and go about 3 blocks there is a very good restaurant on the right (sorry can't remember the name) and if you turn right and go about 4 blocks you'll find a Walgreens and some fast food restaurants. We had pizza delivered one of the nights.

Susan :)

Thank you both so much for the replies ! Now I feel like we made a good choice ... happy to hear the good reports.

I just made our reservation and joined Wyndham by Request ... great little perk.

I was also pleased to find an even lower rate with my AAA membership: $118 per night for the 2BR Suite ! Really hard to beat that rate for our party of 6.:D

Thanks again !

Great price. In July , we ended up getting $99 with our Costco Card. It's amazing the little things you find that will get you discounts.

Enjoy your cruise. We're sailing that day but from Fort Lauderdale on the Jewel.

Susan :)

Archived