Carnival Alaska Cruises Post-Spirit

AberAlex

Any guesses as to what ship will be doing the Spirit's itenerary in Alaska? I don't think Carnival will have the Splendor do it as she is pretty much the only option anymore for someone who wants to do the Mexican Riviera run year round and Carnival will have a monopoly on that market if they keep her there. I'm starting to think anymore that the Spirit's seasonal Mexican Riviera itenerary won't be replaced by another ship like I thought might happen when the Breeze inevitably "bumps" another ship off her current route.

So I'm thinking it must either be a Spirit Class ship that can stay in the Caribbean in the winter and sail through the Panama Canal to do Alaska and Hawaii in the spring, summer and fall.

OR

Hope against hope, maybe Carnival will move a Destiny or Conquest class ship over to the west coast permanently to be the catch-all for Alaska, Pacific Northwest (I know I'm dreaming on this one), Hawaii and extended Mexico like the Spirit has been doing. This is THE smart move in my opinion. I don't think they would replace the Spirit with a Fantasy Class as there's no covered pool on those ships which would be important for Alaska cruising. A Destiny Class would actually be perfect I think, it wouldn't be a huge increase in size or capacity from the Spirit and it would give Carnival AND THOSE OF US ON THE WEST COAST more options and flexibility itenerary-wise!

What are your thoughts on replacements for the Spirit in Alaska and possibly her other iteneraries?

Any guesses as to what ship will be doing the Spirit's itenerary in Alaska? I don't think Carnival will have the Splendor do it as she is pretty much the only option anymore for someone who wants to do the Mexican Riviera run year round and Carnival will have a monopoly on that market if they keep her there. I'm starting to think anymore that the Spirit's seasonal Mexican Riviera itenerary won't be replaced by another ship like I thought might happen when the Breeze inevitably "bumps" another ship off her current route.

So I'm thinking it must either be a Spirit Class ship that can stay in the Caribbean in the winter and sail through the Panama Canal to do Alaska and Hawaii in the spring, summer and fall.

OR

Hope against hope, maybe Carnival will move a Destiny or Conquest class ship over to the west coast permanently to be the catch-all for Alaska, Pacific Northwest (I know I'm dreaming on this one), Hawaii and extended Mexico like the Spirit has been doing. This is THE smart move in my opinion. I don't think they would replace the Spirit with a Fantasy Class as there's no covered pool on those ships which would be important for Alaska cruising. A Destiny Class would actually be perfect I think, it wouldn't be a huge increase in size or capacity from the Spirit and it would give Carnival AND THOSE OF US ON THE WEST COAST more options and flexibility itenerary-wise!

What are your thoughts on replacements for the Spirit in Alaska and possibly her other iteneraries?

I also think a Fantasy class ship would be very unlikely because of their lack of balconies. Most people want balcony cabins for an Alaskan cruise.

I think the Breeze will bump another Spirit class ship to take the Spirit's place. Maybe the Miracle will be replaced out of FLL. It would be great though if a Destiny class were moved to the west coast. Maybe we'll have more clues in a few days when the Breeze's homeport is announced.

I think the Breeze will bump another Spirit class ship to take the Spirit's place. Maybe the Miracle will be replaced out of FLL. It would be great though if a Destiny class were moved to the west coast. Maybe we'll have more clues in a few days when the Breeze's homeport is announced.

I hope the West coast will get either a Spirit class ship or a Conquest class ship. I doubt will we get the Breeze, but if we do that would be awesome.

I doubt the West coast will see a Destiny/Triumph class ship because they are kinda "locked" in their itineraries they are doing.

The Destiny is doing 4 & 5 day cruises out of Miami, and I just don't see a larger ship at the moment replacing her.

The Triumph will be doing 4 & 5 day cruises out Galveston, and same with the Destiny, I don't see them replacing her with a larger ship.

Lastly, with the Victory, I don't see her getting replaced with a larger and newer ship in San Juan anytime soon. The cruises from San Juan are going for pretty cheap at the moment, and I just do not see Carnival adding any more capacity to San Juan.

We are supposed to know on the 18th, right. I think that is the date John said, but I am not 100% sure. But who knows if they will be released on that date because they were suppose to have released the itineraries for the rest of the ships almost two weeks ago, but that hasn't happened yet.

Going on the Spirit in 49 days!!! Cannt wait. Glad to hear she is a great ship.

She's my favorite so far. So easy to get from here to there with out always being lost.

And both times, we had the best crew ever.

one to Mexico and one to Alaska.

Have a great cruise.

I don't know much about the ship Cat. but I think I heard somewhere, the ships can't be to big or they can't do certain things on an Alaska cruise

Maybe Glacier Bay...

Or I could just not know anything LOL

She's my favorite so far. So easy to get from here to there with out always being lost.

And both times, we had the best crew ever.

one to Mexico and one to Alaska.

Have a great cruise.

I don't know much about the ship Cat. but I think I heard somewhere, the ships can't be to big or they can't do certain things on an Alaska cruise

Maybe Glacier Bay...

Or I could just not know anything LOL

I also heard that the larger ships can't do the inside passage should they need to sail too or from Vancouver (The Inside Passage is AMAZING!!!!)

OR

With all the propulsion problems the Destiny has, there is no way the Destiny will go around the horn. Only Fantasy class and Spirit class can go through the canal currently.

Archived