toddler friendly Alaska- carseats, Skagway, Juneau

curiouser123

We are driving to Seattle for our Alaska cruise but planning on leaving our carseats in our car. We are planning on visiting Mendenhall Glacier & thinking about doing the Musher's Camp. I feel apprehensive about taking the shuttle to Mendenhall & the Musher's Camp without a carseat (because it just feels so weird after having ride in carseats drilled in to us), so I'd love to hear some personal experiences of taking small children on either adventure. Does anyone worry about carseats? Thanks.

We are going to Alaska in June with our DD (15 mo.), and are planning on taking her carseat. A carseat is optional on the Skagway train/bus combo, but I'm super paranoid...so we're going to bring ours, just in case. We're doing the train first, but they said they could put in the van so it is waiting for us at the top. We are also taking a shuttle service to Gold Creek salmon bake in Juneau, and thinking we "should" use one then...though, again, optional. I suppose I want to take it to have the option?

So, no, you're not the only one worrying about carseats! I know this response was totally not helpful, but I thought I would share my sympathies.

Archived