Recent Galveston Cruisers, Luggage ? (again, lol)

jhale

So now I'm having a luggage issue, lol. We've sailed out of Galveston 15 times and we've always checked our sodas. (2 12-packs for 2 people in a duffel) Well since they are really cracking down on the new "beverages must be carried on" rule, I've got a question....

I've always carried on my luggage, a 9"H x 14"W rolling suitcase, since I have to carry on my 12-pack, I was going to use my 9"H x 17"W rolling bag. This is under the reccommend size of 16"H x 24"W that Carnival has on their website. However, I've been reading that the Port of Galveston's luggage restrictions may not allow my larger bag. UGH!

I reeeeeally don't want to have to pull 2 rolling suitcases. Anyone have any recent expeirience carrying on a bag around the size of 9"H x 17"W? We haven't gone out of the Port of Galveston since the beginning of last year, so I was just wondering.

Thanks in advance :)

Hey Jaclyn! I'm pretty sure my carry on a couple weeks ago was about 9 or 10 by 17 or 18 and we had no problems. I wasn't aware of any port restrictions at that time. They sure do some screening in that port though!

Hey Jaclyn! I'm pretty sure my carry on a couple weeks ago was about 9 or 10 by 17 or 18 and we had no problems. I wasn't aware of any port restrictions at that time. They sure do some screening in that port though!

Hey girl! I should've just emailed you, lol. Yeah, they've always been pretty strict, and since I've never tried to carry anything bigger than my smallest roller it never bothered me.

I'll be carrying on my 12-pack and 1 bottle of champagne like a good girl this trip. Maybe even ordering something from the Bon Voyage department ;)

We used a 14 x 20 in February with no problems. The beverage cops were out in force at security, nailing them right and left.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm going to play it safe with the drinks...

Too many reports of people going to the naughty room, and too many posts asking "how too" to get away with anything anymore.

Archived