Change of ports in Oz

Does anyone out there know why RC would have changed the stop from Broome to Port Hedland in Oct on the Radiance of the Seas ,Port Hedland is nothing compared to Broome we are a bit confused and they have changed Padang Bali for Benoa,I don't know what the difference is in those two.If they were to change it at all Exmouth would have been a better choice,much more beautiful.

Check out the Radiance of the seas roll call for the Sydney Perth 15th October 2011, We have rang RCCI Australia and vented our displeasure, we even said why not Exmouth, or a overnight elsewhere.

Its actually to do with the tidal movement i believe, its pretty big 10 metres i think. At PH there is just the iron ore port a few houses and thats it, oh you can take tour around the BHP process plant for $26.

The Padang for Benoa is becuse the port at Benoa has now been dredged and can take bigger ships, this we don't mind as its now alot closer to the areas at Bali, whereas before about 1.5 hours away.

stevo

Check out the Radiance of the seas roll call for the Sydney Perth 15th October 2011, We have rang RCCI Australia and vented our displeasure, we even said why not Exmouth, or a overnight elsewhere.

Its actually to do with the tidal movement i believe, its pretty big 10 metres i think. At PH there is just the iron ore port a few houses and thats it, oh you can take tour around the BHP process plant for $26.

The Padang for Benoa is becuse the port at Benoa has now been dredged and can take bigger ships, this we don't mind as its now alot closer to the areas at Bali, whereas before about 1.5 hours away.

stevo

Thanks for that,we are from Perth and we agree anywhere would be better than Port Hedland hence we won't be getting off the ship.Maybe it will change between now and then,you can only hope.The Bali change sounds ok though,looking forward to that.Anyway it's going to be a great cruise and maybe we will cross paths on the ship.

Sharon

Archived