Trying to decide between Soveregin of the Seas and the Carnival Fantasy

dd85301

I have been on Fantasy and my best friend has sailed SOS. She was very happy with her. I loved Fantasy. One major difference we note3d from our two cruises was that food was more available on Fantasy than on SOS, especially pizza and ice cream for late night snacks. AS for the age of SOS - she said you could tell she was aged but not in a way that impaired their enjoyment. As for Fantasy, there were many times in our little 3 day jaunt that we saw railings being painted and what not, but it too did not spoil anything for us. Hope that helps some.

Cruise addict in the making

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on both Sovereign and the Fantasy. I like things about both of them.

In a nutshell..

Fantasy larger cabins, newer ship, fancy broadway style shows, younger crowd that drinks more esp on the 3 night cruises, no private island..have to pay for a beach excursion in Nassau.

Sovereign..smaller cabins, shows tend to be more magician/comedians,less drinking,more mixed age passengers, and CocoCay, their private island, is very nice.

The food and on board activities are about equal, as are the kids programs.

Just depends how you want to spend the time, drinking and rowdy or just cruising and relaxing on an island,

Email me if further questions.

Lauriekemper1974@aol.com

Laurie

I did the Sovereign in November I really liked it. Yes, it is "older" but it is such a good deal for a quick get away. Coco Cay is fabulous! Very clean,and plenty of bathrooms that were very clean as well! The barbeque lunch provided was a lot of fun. The cabin is what some call "miniscule"but I didn't find it that small. I mean, what more did we need other than a bed and a bathroom? The midnight buffet while we were in Nassau was great-I wish I wouldn't have eaten so much at second seating. They had fresh fruit, ice cream, pasta, ribs, etc. all around the deck. The smell of those ribs was captivating!

Archived