Banana Train or Tortuguero Canals

micruz

Has any taken the Old Banana Route Train Adventure or the Tortuguero Canal Tours?

Would appreciate any comments on either tour.

Can these tours be done on your own or do we have to book thru ship?

We are travelling with 2 boys, ages 7 & 9 and are looking for something they would enjoy.

Thanks for any info!

I just came back from Costa Rica and had a great time! I did my excursion on my own and really enjoyed it. I booked the Tortuguero Canal excursion with Lester from Oregon Tours. What a great way to spend the day! Not only did we enjoy our boat ride, but we were also treated to a tour of the city and country and stopped at the DelMonte planatation and learned about bananas. Lester was full of information and I felt we got a real taste of Costa Rica while under his wing. He even brought us to a grocery store where we purchased coffee (cheaper than buying it at the pier!). The cost of our excursion was $45/person and was worth every penny. Feel free to look at my pics. Not only wouldn't I hesitate to go back to Costa Rica, but I wouldn't hesitate to call on Lester again, either. By the way, you can get more info regarding tours offered by Oregon Tours at http://www.oregontourscr.org/ .

I didn't talk to anyone who did the Banana Train Adventure but we did see the train and let's just say that I was glad that I didn't pick that!

Feel free to ask any questions and I will try to help you out! Have a great trip!

Has any taken the Old Banana Route Train Adventure or the Tortuguero Canal Tours?

Would appreciate any comments on either tour.

Can these tours be done on your own or do we have to book thru ship?

We are travelling with 2 boys, ages 7 & 9 and are looking for something they would enjoy.

Thanks for any info!

Hi!

We took the Costa Rica Favorites (arial tram/lunch/Tortugero Canals) through the ship. It was a fantastic tour and the canals were the highlight. Tremendous wildlife sightings - sloths, 4 groups of howler monkeys, huge iguanas, a very large croc, numerous caimans (smaller relative of the croc), bats, water fowl, etc. If your boys like animals, this is the tour for you - highly recommended!

Archived