Bar Harbour Trolley Tour

raiderette

Update - Did Oli's Trolley last month and can highly recommend the long tour. Just a note of warning, we had pre-booked our tour online which was lucky as when we were 'checking-in' at the gift shop, they were informing other cruise passengers that the next 2 tours were already full. So if you really want to take the tour at a particular time, I'd pre-book online before your cruise. They did quote that we would get a full refund should the ship be unable to dock/tender.

Bar Harbor was one of our favourite ports and we would have loved more time in port - think that's a perfect excuse for visiting again in the future;).

P.S. If you're visiting Newport, RI a must-do visit is the Newport Mansions. We had another fantastic day there, even though my DH spent The Breakers tour listening to the kids audio instead of the adult version:rolleyes:!

A big thank you to SB&S for your help and advice.

We did Oli's Trolley when we were in Bar Harbor a week or so ago. We booked at the pier, as we had researched, but didn't really have a firm plan beforehand. It would be best to book ahead though, as they filled up very quickly. We did the 2.5hr tour and it was great. We lucked out as it was very very foggy in the morning and you couldn't see a thing from Cadillac Mountain, but we went on the 1pm tour so it was clear by then. The only thing I can comment on that was a bit negative was the fact that it was a closed in trolley. I figured trolley meant open sides, but the windows only opened about 6inches wide. I guess that is my own fault, but worth mentioning as it sounded like many people were under the same impression. As a side note, if you are after a nice lunch while on shore, we went to Stewmans Lobster Pound (right next to where the trolley loads) and had a wonderful lobster roll and the best clam chowder I have ever tasted! Have fun in Bar Harbor it is a great place!!

Am on the MSC Poesia stopping in Bar Harbor on 10/19 and went ahead and booked online at the Oli's Trolley website for the 1:00 p.m. 2-1/2 hour tour. Checking the port schedule that day I believe it's a Princess ship that will be in dock and they arrive hours before the Poesia so I thought I'd better book our tour in advance since our ship doesn't dock until 10 (if it's on time) and with 5,000 people invading the town . . .

Am on the MSC Poesia stopping in Bar Harbor on 10/19 and went ahead and booked online at the Oli's Trolley website for the 1:00 p.m. 2-1/2 hour tour. Checking the port schedule that day I believe it's a Princess ship that will be in dock and they arrive hours before the Poesia so I thought I'd better book our tour in advance since our ship doesn't dock until 10 (if it's on time) and with 5,000 people invading the town . . .

Just to clarify I believe they will both be tendering. I don't think there is a pier to dock at. I didnt see one when we were there.

the point being that I was suggesting was that anyone on the MSC Poesia might want to book Oli's Trolley ahead of time rather than waiting to get off the ship since the Princess ship will be there hours ahead of Poesia and all the available spots may be taken by the time the Poesia's passengers get off the ship.

We did the tour on Oli's Trolleys last week on our cruise on the Symphony. We did the long tour and it is well worth it. I also pre-ordered my tickets online and our tour was full. This tour company does a great job. We had handsome Mike as our guide. Don't know how handsome he was but he was quite funny and knowledgable. Our weather was great and we had a dirty lobster roll at The Hole after we were done and it was the best I have ever had. It was recommended to us by the owner and he was right on. Great day in Bar Harbor.

Archived