RCCL Beach Snorkel Excursion - HELP!

smacksgirl11

Hi! My Husband and his parents are going on the Jewel of the Seas the week of Thanksgiving and on of our stops is Costa Maya. Has anyone done the excursion with Royal Caribbean called "beach snorkel cm36"? We were hoping to do a beach day and maybe some snorkeling on our own, is this a good excursion for this or does anyone have any other suggestions that might be better? Thanks for your help!

As I recall, all the ships use the same beach snorkel/power snorkel vendor, but this may have changed. You go north of the port about a 20 minute ride in open topped trucks with bench seating. The beach is fairly isolated and the snorkeling excursions are the only people there. Restrooms and a small snack stand/bar and some loungers. Snorkeling is okay and you'll see some fish and wild life. But you may also encounter some seagrass. Power snorkelers drift out a bit further than regular snorkelers and get closer to some smaller shore reefs. Snorkeling is better than trying it from shore in Mahahual. But doesn't come close to shore snorkeling in Roatan or even Chankanaab Park in Cozumel. Does leave you with time to venture into Mahahual or shop around the port.

• 1 month later...

We are also going to be on the Jewel over Thanksgiving. I am thinking of booking Maya Chan as it includes a kayak trip to the reef and snorkeling equipment.

I am also considering the Intro to Scuba excursion, but am trying to find more info on that one. I might book that one for the morning and scoot over to Maya Chan afterward.

Archived