Caribbean Princess - May 1 2011 from SJU

pcavalcanto

Hi Guys,

I just booked this cruise (pretty much at the last minute). I'm a flight attendant, but love ship travel (was in the Navy a long time ago!). I've done over 100+ cruises and transatlantic crossings (my favorite ship trips) but have never cruised Princess. So, it should be an interesting experience. I do like the intinerary. Does Princess do "FOD" gatherings? Also, does Princess hold "Meet and Mingle" get togethers for Cruise Critic members? I should probably slog through the main site, but really haven't the time at the moment:)!

Best,

Tim (from Ohio, but e-mailing this from Japan on a sunny Easter morning)

Chad and I are flight attendants too! Based in ORD. This will be my 6th cruise on Princess, and they usually do have a meeting. They outright call it an LGBT get together. We always go, to see who shows up. We are hoping for a nice turn out! I'm 41 and Chad is 42. I'm single and Chad is taken...we are just best friends. Another FA friend of ours is going too, he is traveling with his Aunt. Looking forward to a great cruise!

Jason

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info. I'm based in DTW (old NWA...now...DAL). Getting ready for pick-up here in NRT to head back to DTw and hopefully CAK. I have a military charter later this week and haven't decided when I'm going to SJU. They have assigned me cabin B745. I'm travelling solo as most of my friends tend to balk at spending a few hundred bucks--go figure! It is easier just to go by oneself without the hassle. Anyway--gotta run.

Tim

I was in NRT just last week. Not too bad just 1 earthquake an few aftershocks. We are flying down on the 30th and Staying at the Marriott. We are in A307. Looking forward to meeting you. See you in a week!

Jason

Hi Jason,

Well, made it to DTW. Experienced no aftershocks in NRT. I've been in so many earthquakes over the years (worst one was the Northridge, CA in '94) that if one is in a properly designed building they are more interesting than scary...at least to me:). There was a 7.4 earthquake on March 9th in the same general area in Japan. I was in downtown Tokyo on a HND layover on the 15th floor. Only interesting aspect (since the building was so well designed was the duration--over three minutes!! Then two days later the big one hit! I too, look forward to meeting you guys. Still haven't figured if I am going to come in on Sat. night or not.

Tim

Hey Guys, my partner Michael and I will be there. Real Estate Sales here and Michael is Promotions and Events and the Chamber of Commerce...needless to say this is our busy season, so the trip is definitly needed.

Yes, someone asked about FOD...I think Princess actually promotes it as the LGBT gathering. They do post it in the daily news letter. So watch for it. We are in C619....but hoping for an additional upgrade. Been reading a lot of the posts and it looks like they are still moving people.

Hope to meet everyone!

Phil

Hey Phil, Michael, Jason, and Chad,

Looking forward to this cruise, too. I try and average between 30-50 cruise days a year and this is the first one this year--so I have some catching up to do:o. I'm scheduled to go on QM2'S Dec. 12th crossing., but hope to do a lot more:). Good luck on the upgrade. Had a fabulous one on the QUEEN VICTORIA last year (I'm Diamond on Cunard so I think that helped), since this is my first Princess cruise (and solo, too boot!) I'll just be happy to get to SJU and on the ship!

Tim (now happy to be back in Ohio after being up over 24 hours)

Hey Jason and Chad,

Congrats on the upgrade. I had an aft facing balcony on the QV and really liked watching the wake etc. I'm on a military charter, but should be back in DTW tomorrow morning, then to CAK an hopefully the early morning flight to ATL/SJU on 5/01. Normally, don't cut it that close--but schedules...

Hope you have a good flight...I'm assuming non-stop from ORD?

Tim

Archived