The Dawn

romandog

Beachlady I was on the Dawn (09) Star (11) both in a balcony cabin. Outside of the curtains and carpet being a different color, I could have been on the same ship. Layout, bed, bedding, upkeep, features all the same...wonderful. I found the crew on both ships extremely friendly and the ship in good shape and there were always crew around painting or cleaning etc. (not in the passengers way, just doing their jobs).

The Dawn holds a special place in our hearts as it was our first cruise and I preferred the ports of the carribean to the MR (not by much just a little). But we had more fun on the Star and were more relaxed because we then knew the drill (pun intended). So I'd probably have to say our 2nd cruise on the Star was our better one, but that had nothing to do with the ship, just because we had more experience in cruising by the 2nd.

Thank you for all the info. I'm just having a hard time trying to decide between the two. Maybe after checking airfare that will help.

Archived