What are our options on the final day on the TP?

We're going to be on the April 2nd Tahitian Princess cruise. Thanks Princess for booking us on the 11 p.m. flight that evening! Does anyone know how long we can stay on board the TP on our final day? We'd like to explore Papeete that day. Can we come and go from the ship? Any advice??:rolleyes:

Darrell and Janine,

Welcome to "Late Flight Out" Club.

We are on the same cruise, so all I know is what I've read here. You may want to hear it from someone who's 'been there, done that':)

I gather you have use of the ship until you transfer to the airport via Princess or taxi. You just don't have your cabin anymore.

It also sounds like some of the hotels have day rooms available to rent.

There is a Roll Call for this cruise, if you'd like to join us:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=94789

Good Luck!

Been there, done that ....

KB101, you have it all correct. You can come and go on the ship all day until it's time to go to the airport, you just don't have your cabin anymore. Check your carry-ons in the Sterling rest. and off you go to explore. Day rooms are available, but you need to reserve in advance. They go for about $200ish tho, but verify - you might get lucky with a lesser cost as others have.

:D

Have a great cruise ... I'll be going again in May!

Darrell and Janine,

If you are doing a pre-cruise stay, you may be able to hang out at your hotel on the last day. We stayed at the Intercontinental Beachcomber. They would let you come back on your last day. They have a really nice shower room that you can have the key to use for 45 minutes. It's an option if you stay there before hand.

Does Princess offer any shore excursions for the final day in Tahiti. I would hope to either take a shore excursion or explore the town on that day. What time do you need to get back to the ship for the transfer to the airport.

Thanks,

Jackie

You can sign up for your own shore excursions for the last day if you want but just keep in mind that the 4x4's are rough and you come back exhausted and dirty. We spent the day at the Intercontinental and it was wonderful!

There had been a mix-up at the beginning of our trip and they gave us a room at the end to make up for it but if i didn't have a room I would store the bulk of my luggage at the ship, wear a bathing suit and take a change of clothes and take LeTruck to a hotel, spend the day relaxing and swimming, shower and take LeTruck back to the ship for dinner and then take a taxi to the airport. DO NOT USE PRINCESS TRANSFERS! You will pay double and then wait in line to get your luggage. If you do this yourself you can take a taxi to the airport 2-2 1/2 hrs in advance of the flight and save a lot of aggravation.

A couple from our cruise did the Princess circle island tour the afternoon of the last day and they really enjoyed it and learned a lot of history about the island. We hung out at the pool all day and I wished we would have done the tour instead.

We did the 2/11 TP, and had the 11:55 pm flight out. Actually, we really had fun that day! We did our own self-guided walking tour of Papeete in the morning, had lunch on board and found shady spots to nap & read in the afternoon. Late in the day our group went directly across the street from the dock to Les Trois Brasseurs - a great little brew pub - for a final toast to a great vacation. Back on board again to pick up our carry-on luggage, dinner in the buffet, and then off to the airport.

I do disagree with many who post about how awful the Princess transfers are. We did that, and I thought it went very smoothly. They divide the passengers up into group numbers, and announce which group number should go to the exit to get on a bus to the airport. Once there, yes, you do wait in line for you luggage, but the line moves fairly quickly, they have it very well organized (luggage is by group number, too). And the other line for passengers who did not use Princess transfers was just as long, and moving at about the same pace. So - I would say, it's six of one, half a dozen of the other!

We are doing a pre cruise stay at the Intercontinental. If you wish to use their facilities the last day, do you need to let them know in advance? I take it this is not the same as renting a day room, but just the use of the shower room...am I correct?

Also, are you afforded the activities priveleges of regular guests, (free tennis, snorkeling, kayaking, etc)?

What about transport to the hotel, do they provide it, or do you need to take a taxi?

Thanks for your answers.

Archived