Significant Price Drop - Any Options??

We have a grand suite booked on a med cruise for early June. The price dropped $1,000. We have made final payment, and, they tell me there is nothing they can do. However, that is a huge drop. The owners suite is still $500 more and not really wanting to spend more $. Has anyone been successful lately with RCCL's new policy receiving something when the price drop is that large?

We have a grand suite booked on a med cruise for early June. The price dropped $1,000. We have made final payment, and, they tell me there is nothing they can do. However, that is a huge drop. The owners suite is still $500 more and not really wanting to spend more $. Has anyone been successful lately with RCCL's new policy receiving something when the price drop is that large?

If you booked the cruise before 5/17/2010, are eligible to receive on board credit for price drops up to 72 hours before sailing. If you booked after 5/17/2010, there is no credit for price drops starting 48 hours after final payment date.

You can also compute how much you would lose by cancelling, and then rebooking at the new price. You would probably lose your deposit, but that loss might be offset by the huge price drop you described. However, you take a risk that prices might go up and/or your desired cabin might not be available when you rebook.

I feel your pain , we booked a Russian cruise that dropped 1500 a person and the line was offering a free upgrade for those who booked the reduced price, the line would not even give us a free upgrade, talk about disappointment...but still to this day this is my favorite cruise...the experience was priceless, yours will be too.

Archived