Internet on the Dream

BKJK

Do most of you bring your laptops on a cruise? I thought I read where carnival has a site you can get for free on the ship..Is it worth bringing your laptop if you dont buy internet minutes? How does well does the internet work on the dream? Is it worth the money, kinda seems expensive.

Hi there BKJK!

I brought my laptop with me onto the Dream last year! I didn't buy any internet minutes because they are so expensive (granted, they are satellite internet so its gonna be pricy).

I took my laptop into port in Cozumel where many of the cafes offered free wifi if you bought a drink which I did!

So WiFi is available in ports and having a laptop with you also allows you to watch DVD's etc in your cabin in bed! That's what I did :D

Do most of you bring your laptops on a cruise? I thought I read where carnival has a site you can get for free on the ship..Is it worth bringing your laptop if you dont buy internet minutes? How does well does the internet work on the dream? Is it worth the money, kinda seems expensive.

The Dream and the Magic have the largest amount of bandwidth of any of the Carnival ship... 2.4 MB of pipe. All of the others have less than 750 KB. The connection is actually fairly good on the Dream and Magic. I was able to get download speed of 136 K.

The Carnival website is free to browse on all Carnival ships and the social networking side, FunVille, is free also. There are boards there, much like here, where you can post notes and such about your voyage. Your family and friends are free to leave messages as well. They do have to become members, however but that service is free as well..

:)

Archived