Royal caribean price drop after payment £500

dickdastardley

Booked in January with limited budget( Cheepest inside).

Last week price droped enough that we could have had an obstructed outside or paid £60 extra and had a balcony.

Both TA and Princess, refuse refund or cabin upgrade.

Also notice that there are cabins available on all grades.

A newbe friend has booked on the same cruise today and got an upgrade straight away.

I have read that this hapens, but thought that loyal cruiseres would get the upgrade first.

Chris

Just about to start a thread of my own, then noticed this one. My cruise has dropped by about £400 today. My TA demanded final payment a couple of weeks ago, even though it's not due to RCI until June 2. So I've paid up, but RCI won't have it yet. Should I call RCI to see if I can get anything back on the invoice, or try the TA first? What's the chances of either actually being successful? I'd take OBC rather than a refund quite happily as the chance of me spending less than that is zero on a 12 day cruise. I'd go for an upgrade as well, but the jump from JS to GS is £2.5k! GS to OS is only £100 now! But then not one of the 5 OSs on the ship is sold, by the looks of it, so not surprising.

I'll probably try both, but got no docs with me at work, so will try tomorrow. Hopefully the price not gone back up by then...

Just about to start a thread of my own, then noticed this one. My cruise has dropped by about £400 today. My TA demanded final payment a couple of weeks ago, even though it's not due to RCI until June 2. So I've paid up, but RCI won't have it yet. Should I call RCI to see if I can get anything back on the invoice, or try the TA first? What's the chances of either actually being successful? I'd take OBC rather than a refund quite happily as the chance of me spending less than that is zero on a 12 day cruise. I'd go for an upgrade as well, but the jump from JS to GS is £2.5k! GS to OS is only £100 now! But then not one of the 5 OSs on the ship is sold, by the looks of it, so not surprising.

I'll probably try both, but got no docs with me at work, so will try tomorrow. Hopefully the price not gone back up by then...

As you booked with a TA..it is them you need to contact. RCCL will not speak to you with regards to your booking when you are booked with a TA.

If you can log into your My Cruises account on RCCL UK while at work you can get your reservation number and contact your TA then ask them to look into the price drop for you.

OBC is not given in UK when price drop happens..it will be a refund onto your credit card.

Take a screen shot of the price now for your category of cabin booked as back up/proof.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.:D

As you booked with a TA..it is them you need to contact. RCCL will not speak to you with regards to your booking when you are booked with a TA.

If you can log into your My Cruises account on RCCL UK while at work you can get your reservation number and contact your TA then ask them to look into the price drop for you.

OBC is not given in UK when price drop happens..it will be a refund onto your credit card.

Take a screen shot of the price now for your category of cabin booked as back up/proof.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.:D

Thanks for this, but OMG, I've just realised it's nearly £1400, not £400! Jeez. My brain obviously denied what my eyes were telling me.

I'm on hold in a queue with my TA right now. Given I'm over 60 days out, I could cancel and only lose my deposit, I'd still save £1k by doing that and rebooking. Hope it doesn't come to that though.

OK, TA says they'll call RCI to confirm price, and if they do they will refund my card. Diff works out as £1267.50..... :eek: They will call me tomorrow.

If they don't, I'm definitely going with the cancel/rebook.

OK, TA says they'll call RCI to confirm price, and if they do they will refund my card. Diff works out as £1267.50..... :eek: They will call me tomorrow.

Wow that is sooooome price difference :eek:

Hecky thump you could have another cruise for that :D

Will keep fingers crossed for you :D

Oh I meant to ask...which ship/sailing ?

Good luck Rex and i mean that, Hope they treat you better than they treated us, Royal caribean did actually speak to us on three occasions but said they could not alter the booking code so could not give us anything back and the travel agent said the same! My wife has worked in customer service before so was very proffesional about it but still no joy! The travel agent said we could not cancel as we had gone over the final date and would have to pay half the cost of our cruise so basically thats it, Will try another cruise company next year as wev`e been treated unfairly in my opinion! Good luck once again:)

Thanks. I'm relying on the fact we're >57 days out, so the cancel/rebook should definitely be an option, and hopefully they know that and won't mess me about. That said, be nice to get the full difference, rather than lose 300 of it. Our TA is a very large chain one (no names, I know!), and hopefully that should help as well; probably have a bit more pull.

It's the Jewel sailing out of Harwich on 29/7/11 for a 12 day Baltic. We booked a JS (probably would have gone for a Balcony, but 1100 was available (only 2.5 months ago) and I read great things about this aft corner cabin, so gritted my teeth and went for it. We've only cruised once every 5 years in 15 years of marriage so I don't mind splashing out a bit! There are still loads of JS available, not many GS, and all 5 OS. Royal Suite went some time after we booked. Was tempted, but 13k was a little too much splashing out :). Almost all grades still available in fact, but it looks like the JS has had the biggest drop if anyone fancies it!

dickdastardley, It's ridiculous that US customers get the price promise but we don't. If you were there you would have got OBC for the difference at least. Not much you can do apart from take your custom elsewhere next time and make sure RCI knows why.

Rex you can at least cancel and rebook which is what i would of done if it hadn`t been to late:( The travel agent which is owned by Royal caribean told us some story that our original booking code was a group code so they could not change it, It strikes me that they will tell you anything so as not to give you anything back, Oh well they will be told when i board the independance!! not that it will make any difference but will make me feel better:D Let us know how you get on and good luck:)

Good news and bad news:

Good news - RC will honour the new price and my TA is refunding the difference - :D.

Bad news - my TA is refunding the difference between the price I paid them (with a 10% discount off RC price) and the new RC price (with no 10% discount) - :(, not the new TA price.

So RC have done the right thing (well done them, in this case). My TA is pocketing about £400 more profit. Which must be nice for them :rolleyes:.

So I'm getting £877 back. Which is nice. I could cancel and rebook and get about £90 more back, but frankly it's not worth the hassle and risk.

It does make me wonder. For the people who don't spot the drop, do the TAs negotiate the lower price and just pocket the difference?

Archived