back from costa mediterranea

AmyChistopher

I will post more later and will answer all questions but wanted to give a quick overview.

This was a great vacation! I noticed all the complaints came from older cruisers and those who had cruised a lot.

We got to the port at noon and were on the boat by 1245. As soon as you walk into the port, they quickly get you in the boat. Greatstart to the trip. We had 7 days of wonderful weather.

I will agree the beds sucked. there really is no mattress. We asked for several blankets to make it more comfortable. I would take an egg crate with me next time.

Quick review.

Foood. We did sit down breakfast, lunch and dinner..Great food. I really did not like the buffet selection but that was a personal choice. the maitre d was wonderful and found out my family was greek and brought us plates of feta cheese nightly. We also needed to change tables to be with our friends and that was quickly taken care of.

the ship was beautiful and the stafff was quick to help.

I did not like the entertainment. I liked the acrobat show. I recommend watching a rerun on your tv and then choose to go.

I wish i had gone to the newlywed game. I watched it on tv and wish i had gone.

I have cruised before and thought this ship was well worth your money. We had late seating for dinner so we were not done eating until 1030 or 11 and we were not at all hungry for the midight buffet. I wish we were.

Anyway, I would sail this again and I would rate this cruise above average but not superior. Please email me at amyschristopher@comcast.net for any questions.

amy

I agree this was a good cruise. It's a cut above Carnival and similar to Royal Carribean. The crew members were friendly, smiling and always helpful even when disembarking. On RC and Carnival disembarkation seems like the bums rush. Food was typical cruise shipwhich is fine by me. Children were well behaved and seemed to be occupied and in general out of the way. Kudos to the parents. Very little splashing in the hot tub. This is a smaller ship. Moscow circus performance was excellent and world class. The ship shows were typical and not to my taste, but I'm not the Vegas kind of guy. The talent show with the toga theme was a hoot. No comedians, but the cruise director had excellent dry wit and was visible. I was only in a long line 2x. One breakfast they didn't seem to have their buffet line act together. In Key West the Conch trains were slow to get us back to the ship and we waited 45 minutes to be amongst the last reboarders, but it was spring break. This ship does not wait and in general we left ports 10 minutes early 20 minutes after all were to be aboard the ship.

The ship is relatively new and much cleaner than any other ship on which I've sailed, but I've only cruised on Royal Carribean and Carnival before this. We took the ship's excursions and generally were happy. Snorkeling in Cozumel and Grand Caymans is not to be missed. This was not a party boat, and tatoo/nose ring count was low when compared to Carnival. :) It was fun to watch the British in the Grand Caymans queing in a long line to board boats to transfer back to the ship Oceana, based out London, while the Italians whisked us back to the ship with no problem and no lines. It's supposed to be vice versa, but the British don't mind queing. I would definitely cruise this line again, but I'm easy to please and have no problem with cruising other lines and have never had a bad cruise

We didnt get done with dinner until almost 11 and i forgot where you were meeting. I wanted to check online but the computer was so slow. IN Key west, we were the last people on the boat.HAHA..Met many nice college students...there were some things to change, but nothing compared to the nasty reviews i read before I left.

I cant believe some people took the time after the cruise to post those comments..They should have spent their time looking for another cruise!

AMY

looking forward to doing my scrapbook

:D Hello there! I absolutely had a wonderful time on the ship! I was probably one of the college students you talked to. My boyfriend and another couple stayed on the fourth floor. We are all between the ages of 22-25...not too many young people which was great because the ship was so layed back and we met lots of nice people. The ship was beautiful and clean, I thought the food was pretty good~im shocked how many people wrote that the food was horrible, obviously you are not used to fine dining. We sat at table 91 second seating. Our server was great and we loved Marco the Maitr'd:D Beautiful weather, beautiful beaches...we all came back tan and happy! I am more than happy to answer any questions about the cruise/ship/ect. I have lots of pictures! We are booking another cruise with Costa this week...if you did not like the Costa Meditteranea, than you are probably not cut out for cruising:p

Happy Sailing

are you the girl whos boyfriend is a bartender? If so, we met them at the pool one day. We were at table 88 and agree that marco rocks..HE found out my inlaws are greek and brought a heeping plate of feta cheese to the table every day. he also brought to entrees if anyone couldnt decide what they wanted. im so glad we did it...we thought about rebooking but i want to see one more ship. we did disney the last 2 years and it was fantastic.

amy

Jen, would love to have met your personally but my husband and I talked to your boyfriend and his friend (who is engaged) about the male swimming attire...Great guys..I think they told us one worked at a 5 star seafood restaurant and one had done the business things and left..

Glad you had a good time

amy

Archived