how do you get to Jolly Pirates??

25dbb

How do you get from the cruise tender pier area to Jolly Pirates??

We have at least 4 --- maybe more arriving aboard Voyager on Tuesday

May 10th and may be interested in going on Jolly Pirates......

Some of the recommended excursions from RCCL are not available

on that day?!?! due to a change in itinerary.

dbb25

Hi! We're booked with them on 5/13. They sent really detailed info....

"Please plan to meet us at Moomba Beach at 9 am with your bathing suits, towels and sunscreen.

From the cruise ship terminal, you can grab a cab if you like. There are plenty of taxis at the terminal. You can expect a 15 minute cab ride and cab fare of approximately $10 each way.

You might also choose to take the public bus which is easy and convenient. Directly across the street from the cruise ship terminal you will see the brightly colored main bus station. Take the bus which reads "Hotels" The bus fare is #1.20 each way. Get off at the Holiday Inn (after the Hyatt) walk thru the lobby and onto the beach. Look to your right for Moomba Beach.

HTH. Enjoy Aruba, and happy cruising!!!

Check out the Jollypirate.com site, I'm pretty sure there is a link to Moomba Beach which describes its facilities. There is a bar/restaurant. I also read somewhere that there is an internet cafe there. So, our plan is to hang out at the beach after we get off the boat, let the kids swim/play in the sand, while DH does his e-mail thing. HTH.

I was on the Carnival Destiny on Feb 27th and we took the Jolly Pirates tour.

Once you get off the boat you can take a cab Moomba beach. When we went we had some pretty rude cab drivers that didn't want to take us because it was just my wife and i and they were waiting for a larger group. We actually had one driver tell us to walk to the bus stop and take the bus:mad: .

We told him we needed to take a cab since the bus may take too long.

Once we found a cab it was about a 10 minute cab ride and it was $11 for the both of us.

The tour was fantastic:D

There is a bar and a place to eat at the beach along with a internet cafe.

Also, the way back instead of taking a cab we went outside the Holiday Inn and waited for a bus. We took a van, which they told us is owned by the bus company back to the ship it was $1/person.

Thinking back, I believe that if we would of got off the boat right away we would of had tome to catch a bus instead of the cab and save some money, but we didn't want to chance it since we prepaid.

Hope this helps

Archived