Help with Priceline/Hotwire on SJ hotel in Condado

2009cruise

Hi,

I'm new to Priceline/Hotwire and want a good hotel in Condado area. I have done some research and it appears that if I bid on resort/4* I would NOT be guaranteed something in Condado because the SJ zone includes Isla Verde. Anyone have tips on how to absolutely get a hotel in Condado?

Would appreciate any advice at all.

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm new to Priceline/Hotwire and want a good hotel in Condado area. I have done some research and it appears that if I bid on resort/4* I would NOT be guaranteed something in Condado because the SJ zone includes Isla Verde. Anyone have tips on how to absolutely get a hotel in Condado?

Thanks.

There's really no way to guarantee that you will absolutely get a hotel in Condado other than booking directly with the hotel when using priceline/hotwire. I will tell you that right now most of the bids being won are for the Marriott Stellaris at around $115 for the end of the year, but there have been some winners at the Intercontinental in Isla Verde. A couple of years ago when we wanted to stay in the Condado area, I just watched to see what hotels were being won and I knew I had a good change of getting the Marriott Stellaris since there were a lot of recent wins. I did get the Stellaris by bidding resorts only San Juan for my dates. The year before I won the La Concha (sister to the Marriott) by bidding 4 stars only in San Juan. At the time it was the only 4 stars on there. I haven't seen the La Concha being won in a long time, so I wouldn't even try for that. Go to betterbidding dot com and see what hotels are being won for your dates.

Good luck!

Hi,

Thanks.

To "absolutely get a hotel in Condado?" you will have to book your desired hotel directly. Priceline is not for you in this instance. With Priceline, you "roll the dice" and hope for the best. If you bid at the 4* or Resort level, you will be assured of getting a nice hotel in San Juan, somewhere. You may get lucky and end-up in Condado, maybe not.

You may be able to improve your odds of getting Condado by using Hotwire, but even that has some risk. As the previous poster mentioned, look at betterbidding.com and learn how to use that site to identify possible hotels used by Hotwire.

But to "absolutely" get Condado, you should book directly with the hotel.

Archived