Teen Center Question

We are sailing on the GOS from NO on 4/16/05 and I am confused about what time the Teen Center activites start at night. The RCI web site says it is open from 10:30 - 2 AM but someone said on another thread that the activities started at 9:00. :confused: We have late seating for dinner, and I would hate for our 15 yr old daughter to miss out.

Can anyone tell me what the real story is? Thanks

Dave

On most cruises teen activities start around 8:00. The younger groups started around 7:00. If you have late seating the kids will miss some of the organized activities. Our teens didn't enjoy the "activities" that much, but would have rather just hung out in Fuel with their new friends. If you want your kids to eat with you every night I would say to go with early seating. If you are willing to let them grab something fast at Windjammer and then head out to their groups, I would say stay with late seating. We like late seating better than early, but hen we take the kids we have found early to be A LOT easier. I hope this helps.

Bobbie :)

• 3 months later...

We will be taking our first cruise on July 10th. We are going on the Explorer of the Seas. I haven't found a roll call for that cruise. Has anyone? Our boys are 15 and 17. Do they have to have a jacket for the formal dinners? I am hopeing just a tie will do. Also is there anywhere we can get more info. on our specific cruise?

My teenage son (15) has only eaten dinner with us 1 time in 3 cruises. We have had early and late dinners, but he prefers the teen activties, rather than dine with us that he does every day. No I am not one who lets my children run wild, but they are responsible teenagers that check in and stay out of trouble. My daughter (17) prefers the adult scene and never attends the teen club, so it is up to you and your teens, remember a cruise is what you make it and what you enjoy.

Archived