Pre dry-dock cruise on the Ruby

Hello all,

For her 30th wedding anniversary, I am treating my dear friend and her husband to a cruise on the Ruby. Through CC, I have learned that she is scheduled for dry-dock immediately following my friend's cruise. Several people, if not all, on the roll call forum for that cruise have decided to cancel and book another cruise instead. People suggest it can be very unpleasant to be on the ship right before dry dock and that large areas can be closed. Had anyone had any experience with this? The dates for the Ruby work for my friend, and her plane tickets are purchased. I don't want to change unless this is really going to put a damper on her experience. Anyone who has been on a Princess just before dry dock - your advice would be greatly appreciated!

It all depends on what kind of work is going to be done to the ship in drydock. All drydocks do not disrupt passenger areas, some are for mechanical reasons. If there are to be drastic changes to the passenger areas (and I can't imagine what they would be changing on the Ruby), then I would not book. But if the drydock is for other reasons, then it shouldn't be a problem for your friends.

Archived