Snorkeling: CC or excursion on Nassau

kittykitty576

The snorkeling at CC is off the family beach not Serenity bay by the adult beach. I guess you might snorkel there but I dont think you'll see much.

There is quite a bit to see by the family beach is you swim out aways. They have lots of fish, all kinds, a sunken ship and a statue of Mickey to find.

We enjoyed it alot.

Never snorkeled at Nassau so I cant compare the two.

We just did the snorkling excursion at Castaway Cay...it takes place a couple hundred yards out from the beach past the breakwater. It was very nice, the water was smoother than I expected that far out. It was around 10' deep at the most. My sons could have stayed out there all day. One of the divers working for the boat even found a conche shell while we were out there. Definitely worth the money for us.

The snorkeling at both CC and the Nassau excursion are just okay. If you want a nice boat ride with rum punch to drink and a little history of Nassau, go on the catamaran snorkel excursion. If you just want to see fish, save the money and go snorkeling at CC.

• 4 weeks later...

2 years ago, we snorkeled with the Caribbean Queen (excursion). The reefs and plant/fish life were ~30 feet beneath us. It was beautiful.

This year, we snorkeled both at the family beach and Serenity Bay at CC...

The family beach has some man-made (i.e. sunken) treasures to see as you snorkel... Some fish, but very little (compared to Nassau excursion). More fun, though, in the shallow area, a ray came right up to us. Our 9 y.o. daughter thought this was SO cool!!

After lunch, she wanted to go to kids club... So, we had time to snorkel at Serenity Bay. The water is very, very shallow. We were out ~100 yards, and still only about knee high in water. We walked until we were in waist-deep water, and snorkeled back to shore. It was a great experience!! There is more native bottom-life (conchs, mollusks, rocks, some small coral). There are some man-made treasures, but much more fish life. We saw a couple of schools of fish! We got great pictures.

If you enjoy snorkeling, it's worth the trip to Serenity Bay at Castaway Cay!!

Archived