Anyone at Atlantis April 5th?

bballgirl

My daughter and I are going on the Majesty of Seas to Nassau April 5th. We would love to find someone who has booked a room at Comfort Inn Suites (next to Atlantis) and is only using 2 of their Atlantis passes. The Comfort Inn is completely booked for April 5th right now. We will be glad to split the cost.

We are so excited!!

bballgirl

Hello, We are on the same cruise with you but like you we couldn't get a room either. I think we'll just go somewhere else. Our granddaughter was hoping to go there but maybe next time. By the way how old is your daughter? Our granddaughter is 11 and this is her first cruise we have taken her on. She is really looking forward to it.

My name is Larry my wife is Mayla and the granddaughter is Destinee. Hope to see you on board.

Larry--

Void our above comment. We found an available room at the Comfort Suites. Right now we have booked it for 2, but can change it to 4. Would you like to split the cost and use the other 2 passes to Atlantis?

Cathy :D

Hey bballgirl and snidly.

My wife and I are new to cruising, and I just found these boards. We are also on RCI Majesty departing April 4. I have also booked a room at the Comfort Suites to visit Atlantis.

If I understand things correctly, you take your room key to Atlantis and are given up to 4 armbands. We are only using two of our armbands, and we would happily try to get one or two for the snidly party, assuming that bballgirl still has two extra armbands also.

I'll watch this thread for your reply.

Hey bballgirl and snidly.

My wife and I are new to cruising, and I just found these boards. We are also on RCI Majesty departing April 4. I have also booked a room at the Comfort Suites to visit Atlantis.

If I understand things correctly, you take your room key to Atlantis and are given up to 4 armbands. We are only using two of our armbands, and we would happily try to get one or two for the snidly party, assuming that bballgirl still has two extra armbands also.

I'll watch this thread for your reply.

That is SO NICE of you . . . nice to see the number of good samaritains around these boards!!!!!!

I'm going in June and also have a reservation and will only be using 3 out of my 4 ID tags if anyone else needs one then!!!

WOW! I'm not sure what to do now. We called Atlantis last night and they told us that they have day rates for $200 for 4 people. You get a room but you have to be out by 6pm. How much are you two paying for the Comfort Suites? My granddaughter now doesn't know if she wants to go there or swim with the dolphins. I'll get back with you soon. By the way we are in cabin 2019 Right up front.

Larry--

Our rate is higher (we had to book through a broker rather than straight through Comfort Suites)--$329 for 2, but we do have it as late as we'd like. :rolleyes:

trstno1--

If Larry and his family don't join up with us, would you like to combine and share the cost of a room? What was your rate? :D

bballgirl

My rate is also $324 for 2, and I think it is too late for me to cancel (I think there was a 14-day cancellation policy or you are charged for one night).

Larry, I thought that dayrooms at Atlantis could not be reserved in advance - that you had to check on the day of arrival, and that they might not be available then. I think I read that on these boards.

My wife and I would like to be able to have the room anyway, for storing things, changing clothes, and anything else that might come up.:rolleyes: I'm still happy to work on getting passes for you, bballgirl, if you are able to cancel your room. I'm also happy to try to get passes for Larry if you aren't able to cancel your reservation, and if he still is interested.

One potential problem, though. I booked my room through Hotels.com, and if I want to change the reservation, I need to call the hotel directly. I'm at work today, and I won't have access to a phone to dial internationally until this evening. I won'tbe able to find out if I canadd on to the reservation, and what the extra cost would be, until this evening.

I'm tempted to post my home email address so that we can figure this out, but I'm worried about the spambots. bballgirl, can you please reply if you think you are able to cancel your reservation. Thanks!

trstno1-

YAHOO!! I gambled last night that something would work out and cancelled my reservation just in the nick of time! I had booked through a broker similar to Hotels.com who told us that guests could be added at a later date--I expect it will be the same for you. My daughter and I look forward to meeting you--just find out your new total and let me know. I'm excited this is working out--who'd ever guess?

Cathy

trstno1-

YAHOO!! I gambled last night that something would work out and cancelled my reservation just in the nick of time! I had booked through a broker similar to Hotels.com who told us that guests could be added at a later date--I expect it will be the same for you. My daughter and I look forward to meeting you--just find out your new total and let me know. I'm excited this is working out--who'd ever guess?

Cathy

I was able to call Hotels.com. How old is your daughter? They can change the room to 3 adults and one child, if your daughter is under 11 y.o. The total with tax and service fees is $400. I don't know if we would have a problem if you're daughter is older than 11 y.o., but Hotels.com tells me that they don't offer rooms for 4 adults. If this is an issue, I'll try to call the hotel directly.

That is SO NICE of you . . . nice to see the number of good samaritains around these boards!!!!!!

I'm going in June and also have a reservation and will only be using 3 out of my 4 ID tags if anyone else needs one then!!!

Kentucky Kim,

When are you going? We need one armband for my husband. Me, my mom and my 2 girls are getting a room at Comfort Suites. If we can't find someone to share with for DH, he may be staying on the ship!

We will be there on June 29th.

Maggie

I just checked hotels.com for the night "day" we will be arriving in December.

The Comfort Suites costs $215

The Atlantis costs $225

For those of you paying $300 or $400, are you reserving the Comfort Suites? If so, did you try actually booking the cheapest room at the Atlantis? $300 or $400 a night at Comfort Suites is crazy!

Kentucky Kim,

When are you going? We need one armband for my husband. Me, my mom and my 2 girls are getting a room at Comfort Suites. If we can't find someone to share with for DH, he may be staying on the ship!

We will be there on June 29th.

Maggie

Sorry Maggie :( . . . we're going June 9 (actually there on the 11th in Nassau). If you were traveling the same time I wouldn't care one bit to get a band for ya!!

Keep posting though . . . surely someone else will be going that same time!!!!

I was able to call Hotels.com. How old is your daughter? They can change the room to 3 adults and one child, if your daughter is under 11 y.o. The total with tax and service fees is $400. I don't know if we would have a problem if you're daughter is older than 11 y.o., but Hotels.com tells me that they don't offer rooms for 4 adults. If this is an issue, I'll try to call the hotel directly.

Laura is 18 so that might make for a problem. However, today rooms became available on the Comfort Suites official website for $216 for 2 adults--I booked one. It has a 5 day cancellation policy and I can add 2 more adults for about $75 if needed (none of these prices include taxes, etc--about 12%). Check with Hotels.com and see if you are stuck or can cancel and join us.

Cathy

The Atlantis costs $225

For those of you paying $300 or $400, are you reserving the Comfort Suites? If so, did you try actually booking the cheapest room at the Atlantis? $300 or $400 a night at Comfort Suites is crazy!

I can't imagine CS being $3-400 . . . I'd say it's Altantis . .. I know when I began checking for June CS was $154/night and the cheapest thing I could get at Atlantis was $325/night . . . needless to say . . . I'm booked at CS!!!!!!!

The Atlantis costs $225

There are three levels of rooms - standard, deluxe, and something else - super elite I think. :rolleyes: Anyway, all of the standard rooms are booked, though it looks like bballgirl got lucky when someone cancelled their reservation. Unfortunately, I found these boards, and learned about Comfort Suites, just yesterday. The deluxe rooms are $270, $324 with taxes and fees. The cheapest rooms at Atlantis right now are also a lot higher than $225. That's what happens if you procrastinate.

Fortunately, I don't need to worry about the money too much, though it always feels nice to get a better deal.

Laura is 18 so that might make for a problem. However, today rooms became available on the Comfort Suites official website for $216 for 2 adults--I booked one. It has a 5 day cancellation policy and I can add 2 more adults for about $75 if needed (none of these prices include taxes, etc--about 12%). Check with Hotels.com and see if you are stuck or can cancel and join us.

Cathy

I think I might try to cancel the room. Maybe they'll let me as I just booked yesterday. I think we actually want the room for the day, and not just the passes, so I'm not sure if we'll take you up on your offer. Thanks though!

Archived