Just off 5/10 Jewel - Great trip!

KatWag

Will do a full review after I dig out a bit (airing out the house, starting the wash........).

Overall - another great trip with NCL. Met a lot of very nice fellow cruisers. The crew of Jewel is amazing. We didn't meet a grump the entire trip. Everyone was extremely friendly and went out of their way to be helpful and make our trip as special as possible. The officers seemed to be out and about, mingling more than I recall from our past few trips. Krys (Food and Beverage Manager) and Hugo (Hotel Director), especially.

Martini tastings were a highlight - the bar staff is super. G (the lead bar person for the tastings) was funny and informative. The crowd kept getting bigger as the week went on.

We were not in the MDR so I can't comment on the food there. The specialty restaurants were great. I'll touch more on them when I do the review.

Big thanks to all the fellow posters who recommended Taste of India and Chin Chin before we left. We took your advice and loved it.

Passenger mix was usual - we always figure that trips follow the 80/20 rule. 80% of the folks you meet you will like immediately. 20% you'll have to work harder at it. Some of the 20 percenters were kind of funny though... more later. :)

Overall - we really enjoyed Jewel a lot and had a great vacation. Big thanks to everyone who gave us such great advice before our trip. I'll try to repay the favor when I get some time - probably tomorrow.

Kathy

Welcome home and back to reality! I'm sure you're missing the ship already...

We loved the Jewel and also thought the crew was great. Looking forward to your review!

So glad you enjoyed your cruise. We were on the 5/1 sailing and had a fabulous time! The 5/19 roll call is just waking up to their first day at sea...wish we were there! Hope their weather is as perfect as ours was...how was your weather? Hope NCL runs this cruise again in the Spring...we'd be on it for sure!:D

Archived