transportation between orlando and treasure island?

musicmansmom

i DO NOT want to rent a car to get from orlando to treasure island ( driving in unknown territory is not my thing ) . so, what alternitive do i have. does anyone have a good web site that has alternitive ways of getting to treasure island? it will not bother me to take a bus, or shuttle. i think a taxi would break me, but correct me if i am wrong. if anyone who is from the area can give me any help with my '' transpot to another location problem ''' i will be eager to hear any info. thank you so much. by the way, this wil be in june if that makes any difference.

The best (and about only cheap) way is Grehound. You can go from Orlando or Kissimmee depending on where you are staying to St Pete or Clearwater and then cab it from there. No flights, limited train which involves a bus anyway and the limo/cab from Tampa airport to Orlando airport is normally about $110-125 so add some the rest of the way and probably looking at $150 min for a cab.

We're not typically comfortable driving in unknown places but the drive from Orlando to Treasure Island is not that bad especially if you left early in the am. It's I-4 to Tampa and then from Tampa to Treasure Island - there are a couple of ways but my husband and I have done it three times and it's no problem. The only issue is traffic but the highway is a straight shot and there is one turn off south of Tampa to take you toward the beaches. Check out a Florida map!

thanks to both of you for the great reply.

and it looks like the drive would not be that much of a problem at all. maybe i will get brave and rent a car. i can always use it while i am at the family reunion for 4 days on treasure island. this is really a great answer to my problem. thanks again :) .

Archived