First Cruise - What is Roll Call?

sdatex

Our first cruise ever and we're going to Alaska. I see people talking about Roll Call and see the forum, but am not sure what is Roll Call? And why is it advantageous to sign up?

The good thing about it is that you get to know people before you cruise. You can discuss various aspects of the cruise and find out hints and tips from people along the way. It is also a good way of finding people to share private excursions with should you want to. Usually there is a meet and greet arranged onboard so that everyone can say hello personally. You are not signing up for anything, just joining in with the chat.

Our first cruise ever and we're going to Alaska. I see people talking about Roll Call and see the forum, but am not sure what is Roll Call? And why is it advantageous to sign up?

A roll call is the group of people on Cruise Critic who are all on the same cruise who want to visit before the cruise and get to know each others. Some have a gathering aboard the ship to meet and greet and the ships officers will sometimes attend. Some even find fellow passengers to share an excursion in port with. But most of all - just a way to get to know fellow passengers! They are categorized by Cruise line, then by ship. Then you can search for your sailing date and specific cruise. I started one for our Alaskan cruise in August!

Thanks! I'll check out the Roll Call forums now. :)

I hope you find your sailing. Be sure to search for your sailing first before you make a new posting for your sailing date. Most of the time there are early birds that have already booked and have stareted the thread for your particular sailing date. Be sure to read the posts in that thread prior to posting as there is usually a good conversation going and there may be details about meet & greets which other CC members may have already organized for that sailing.

Have fun!

Archived