respitatory virus Veendam 1/15/05

haggs

Has anyone seen any reports of bad resp. illnesses? My parents came off the cruise in Tampa with a serious resp virus. My dad is currently hospitalized, cannot figure out the problem. Any other reports of similar illnesses? He still, two months later, has serious breathing problems.

There have been reports of stomach virus but no great outbreak of any respitory illness. It's cold and flu season. Walk into a restaurant, you could be exposed. A mall, an airplane, your doctor's office. People get colds and flus everywhere. The get them all the time. One can hardly ever know the source of colds and flus we come down with.

BTW....We were on Veendam in January and I recall remarking to my DH that we didn't notice many folks with colds/sneezing/coughing. Seems we usually see so much of that when on ships. Of course, a majority of those pax have flown airplanes to get to the embarkation port and we all know how easily we get sick on planes.

I notice this is your first post. Welcome to CC and to HAL Board.

Hope you enjoy visiting/posting often.

And hope your dad feels better soon. :)

Haggs,

Did your dad have to fly to the port? Planes are notorious as breeding grounds for various bugs because of the confined environmnent and the recirculated air.

At any rate, I hope he recovers soon.

Haggs,

Did your dad have to fly to the port? Planes are notorious as breeding grounds for various bugs because of the confined environmnent and the recirculated air.

And even trains and buses are notorious breeding grounds for this sort of thing. Any vehicle that is contained ... i.e., you can't open the windows or stop and step outside for some fresh air. And, if the bus/train car is warm, all the more quickly a virus can spread.

Hope the poster's dad makes a quick recovery.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived