Dubrovnik (Old Town & Cable Car)???

Hi! This is my first post,

I am going to be arriving via HAL Noordam on July 2. I am traveling with my husband and two sons 18 and 20. I was planning on cable car, old town and wall but have until about 5 pm so was wondering what else you would suggest. Someone told me about east west beach club?

Also do you know which dock we will arrive at and if taxis would be a problem?

Thanks so much

Noordam will be docked at the Gruz harbor which means either the ship shuttle bus or taxi to the old town. Taxis will be waiting to transport you, fare is 75 Kuna or 10 Euros. Yes the driver will take Euros.

Please do not miss the Rupe Museum, it is filled with artifacts from our early years and the top floor has a wonderful display of national costumes. It is off the beaten path, a good map is needed. You will find the website for our tourist map on another thread, do download it.

Hi Dubrovniktravelady,

I noticed on an earlier post that you said the NCL Jade (we are arriving on October 11) arrives near the old town. Which gate is this nearest?

Thanks for the answer and all of your other great information!

Joyce

Hi Dubrovniktravelady,

I noticed on an earlier post that you said the NCL Jade (we are arriving on October 11) arrives near the old town. Which gate is this nearest?

Thanks for the answer and all of your other great information!

Joyce

The Jade will be at anchor in the old port next to the island of Lokrum, at the eastern side of town. The Ploce gate is above this area and you are a few steps from the old town. By downloading a copy of the map, you will get a better feel for the locations.

Everyone please understand that all tenders are weather depending. Last Sunday, although warm and sunny, the winds were blowing and Jade was diverted to the Gruz harbor. Things can change here quickly when the north wind blows and it does happen often, especially during fall and winter. There is no guarantee on location until the day you arrive.

Hello Dubrovniktravelady,

Thank you so much for all the tips. Can you tell me if there are also taxis for 5 persons, or are most of the taxis for 3 or 4 persons?

The majority of our taxis are regular cars which only hold 4 passenger maximum. I have seen the occasional van but most appear to be owned by either a hotel and travel company. The ship shuttle bus will probably be the best bet for your group, they drop off at the same spot near Pile gate.

• 1 year later...

I know it`s a year later but I just saw this thread and since I also ended up at the restaurant beside the Buza Gate I figured I`d add the name of it. It`s called `Peline 4` Konoba Pizzeria and I wrote a review here: http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Restaurant_Review-g295371-d3423173-Reviews-Konoba_Pizzeria_Peline-Dubrovnik_Dubrovnik_Neretva_County_Dalmatia.html

Tripadvisor moved the review as some of us were reviewing 2 different restaurants with the same general name. which is why the opening lines don`t make sense in the new context. Anyway, I ate there a few times as I ended up in Dubrovnik on 4 different cruises and the seafood is very fresh and well prepared. It`s on the way to the cable car and better than the eatery at the cable car. The owner calls himself `Mario` and speaks very good English.

• 2 years later...

Dubrovnik was one of our port of calls on a Celebrity Silhouette cruise in late 2013. It was a wet and windy day for us. Fortunately, the weather held up enough such that we could walk the city walls. Very windy though!

See this video

[YOUTUBE]mE8jSaYTN2g[/YOUTUBE]

For the rest of our day in Dubrovnik, do check out my blog post.

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2013/12/dubrovnik-croatia.html