Who is cruising in September?

ampleiwb

This board seems like a great idea-but 31,000 posts! Whew there is no way to keep up with those numbers or really even get to know and hold each other accountable. So-how about we start one for people cruising this September 2011, that way we can form a nice group.

Ill start:

I am 28, 5'2". I have always been naturally thin, but the fast food diet has added some weight. I have a very small frame, my body looks its best at 104-110. Honestly-I know that number sounds low but it is a healthy weight for me-I go to the Dr. and all that-i just have a really tiny frame so even an extra 5lbs shows up on it! Right now I am 127. I would like to get down to 110 by mid September for my cruise, thats 17 lbs in 18 weeks-that should be doable if I could get my booty back to walking 1-2 hrs 3/4x/week.

So...who would like to form a "cruising in September" group?

Looking forward to meeting you all and sharing our goals, struggles and successes.

My start: 5/26/11 127lbs 114 days til I set sail.

Please share your current weight and height-and your goal weight by September aka cruise time. I would love to hear your backstory too if you feel like sharing. Off to work now-Ill catch up here when I come home tonight:)

This board seems like a great idea-but 31,000 posts! Whew there is no way to keep up with those numbers or really even get to know and hold each other accountable. So-how about we start one for people cruising this September 2011, that way we can form a nice group.

Ill start:

I am 28, 5'2". I have always been naturally thin, but the fast food diet has added some weight. I have a very small frame, my body looks its best at 104-110. Honestly-I know that number sounds low but it is a healthy weight for me-I go to the Dr. and all that-i just have a really tiny frame so even an extra 5lbs shows up on it! Right now I am 127. I would like to get down to 110 by mid September for my cruise, thats 17 lbs in 18 weeks-that should be doable if I could get my booty back to walking 1-2 hrs 3/4x/week.

So...who would like to form a "cruising in September" group?

Looking forward to meeting you all and sharing our goals, struggles and successes.

My start: 5/26/11 127lbs 114 days til I set sail.

Hi. I think we are on the same cruise!

I love fast food. Heck I love food in general so it is hard for me to diet. I would like to lose about 10 more myself. I gained a lot more then I wanted to this winter. I lost 10 of it recently doing the 17 day diet. I really recommend it. I lost that weight in the first 17 days. I kind of went off of it for about a month now but have maintained. I still want to lose more. I need to get my booty going too. The 17 days was hard but worth it. Google the diet. There is a book you can get.

You sound like you are built like me too. People will tell you..ohhh you dont need to lose weight, but when you have a small frame you know what you should weigh. I would love to get down to 110 but I would be happy with 120. Currently I am 32 years old. 5"3 at 130. My bf and I will be going on the Valor in September. My second cruise and his first.

Janine

Well we are cruising the the middle of Oct . and I would really like to lose 10 lbs. . Let me start my story by saying my wife and I have doing doing WW for over a year and half she has lost over 100 lbs and me 70 lbs . I would just like to to lose 10 to 15 more and just can't seem to do it , seem to really hit that plateua , I mean we are happy what we have acheived and the fact we are not gaining , just want to lose a few more . So here goes . I am 53 5 8 weight 200 lbs. well actually this morning was down to 198 :) would just like to get to 190 or a few below 185 would be sweet but baby steps have got me this far:):) Been hitting the fruits and veggies hard this week and seems to be a good week , but it is a holiday weekend and beer and golf is my downfall so we will see:o

Janine-I do think we must have the same body type. I have never heard of the 17 day diet so I will google it. In the past I have been successful when I eat clean (Tosca Reno) and do a lot of walking. Its just so hard to get motivated this time for some unknown reason.

Steve-my DH lost about 60lbs over the last year-he did it by eating clean and exercising. He stared cycling to work-we even decided to sale his car about a year ago since we never used it! But he hit a platau (sp?) too! So he decided to try p90x-he has been at it for about 50 days and man can we see a difference. He even has just a week bit of abs showing! He doesnt believe me-but I can see it! p90x is wicked hard but it for sure works if you are the type of person who likes working out indoors to a t.v. (I hate that, I would much rather go outside!)

Glad to meet you both-I have 2 more busy busy days at work and my goal is to start working out this weekend (my weekend being sun-mon)

Oh Janine-we are on the valor sept 18-is that your cruise?

Janine-I do think we must have the same body type. I have never heard of the 17 day diet so I will google it. In the past I have been successful when I eat clean (Tosca Reno) and do a lot of walking. Its just so hard to get motivated this time for some unknown reason.

Steve-my DH lost about 60lbs over the last year-he did it by eating clean and exercising. He stared cycling to work-we even decided to sale his car about a year ago since we never used it! But he hit a platau (sp?) too! So he decided to try p90x-he has been at it for about 50 days and man can we see a difference. He even has just a week bit of abs showing! He doesnt believe me-but I can see it! p90x is wicked hard but it for sure works if you are the type of person who likes working out indoors to a t.v. (I hate that, I would much rather go outside!)

Glad to meet you both-I have 2 more busy busy days at work and my goal is to start working out this weekend (my weekend being sun-mon)

Oh Janine-we are on the valor sept 18-is that your cruise?

Ah I sail out the week before you. Sept 11. The 17 day diet is very clean. It was created by a dr. It has been on the show The Dr's and Dr. Phil. I have been making some better food choices since being on it too. It will be hard to do it this hoilday weekend to not pig out! lol

Hi,

I also have the same body type. I am 5'3 and 127 to 130 depending on the time of the day I weigh myself. I am cruising Aug 31 and would really like to tone up some more first. I have been going to a trainer since October, I think. I have lost 12 pounds and 19 inches. My trainer told me that I didn't need to lose just tone, but I am still glad I did lose some. I am so short that those 12 pounds really mattered to me. I run on the treadmill for 30 min 5 times a week (about 3 miles a day) and then do weight training with my trainer 2 days a week. However, I have stopped dieting. I just love food too much!

I really want to buckle down and tone my stomach area and arms before I cruise. I just got back from Mexico a couple of weeks ago and wore a real bikini for the first time in my life! I hope to look even better by Sept! Something that my trainer told me that may be helpful to yall is that if you are going to do cardio, don't eat first because you don't want your body to have to burn off those calories before getting to the fat. If you are going to weight train, stock up on carbs beforehand to give you enough energy to get through the workout and then have a protein shake within 45 minutes of the workout. Good luck to all!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone!

I am getting married on the same cruise as ampleiwb in September and would love to lose some weight. I am fairly thin, but there is still that annoying pooch in my mid-section that doesn’t look attractive in my wedding dress. I exercise anywhere between 45-60 minutes, 3 times a week. I take Hot Yoga and am a member of Healthy Habits Studio in my home town. They have different exercise classes that I try to go to at least 2 times a week. I figured if I vary my exercise routine it would be more productive then doing the same thing over and over. (One good thing I learned from going through the Academy…)

I am looking to loose between 5-8 lbs before September and my main goal is to firm up my mid-section and arms.

I am 5’7 and 136lbs. I know that is completely height/weight proportionate…but I am more looking to firm up places than anything else. I am off to the book store tonight to pick up a few diet books (17 day diet is one of them) and have downloaded a ton of recipes off of the internet.

Would anyone like to join me in posting updates/motivating each other weekly? Let me know. ;)

Oh yay, I like this group. You all sound a lot like me!! I'm 5'2" and currently 131.6lbs (but that will probably go up by tomorrow because I had a super huge and unhealthy breakfast ha!). It's nice to have some people understand how while 130 isn't "overweight", it is close to it and having a small frame, those extra lbs really show up. There is plenty of weight to be lost! I'd LOVE to be down to 115 but I'm shooting for 120 initially since I know how much I love food and don't want to set a goal that I don't necessarily think I can achieve in 3.5 months.

I haven't figured out what I want(can) to do to lose the weight. I already work out at least 4 days a week. Now that it's nice out, I mainly stick to jogging either at the park or through some trails. I do have a gym membership but I get bored after 20 minutes and end up spending more time in the sauna lol Oh and I have the Zumba game for my PS3! woohoo! it's so fun and a great workout and I don't have to show everyone how uncoordinated I am lol

I'm cruising Sept 24th on the Carnival Dream. Beans79 - I went on the Valor last September. LOVED it! :) It was a gorgeous ship and had a blast!! :D

I'm cruising 9/2 on Mariner of the Seas. I'm 5 ft and weigh 133. I want to lose 14 lbs in 10 weeks. If I walk an hour and a half four times a week I can lose 1.4 lbs per week. I'll post updates as I progress. Good luck to all of you. Anyone

out there sailing with me?

• 2 weeks later...

Where did everyone go? DH and I are cruising Sept. 11 on Monarch. Will I see anyone of you on it?

I'm 27, 5'0-5'1 and weigh around 109, but am working out to tone up some areas. I was 127lbs but lost it about 2 years ago and somewhat kept it off, my lowest being 102 and highest being 115 after losing that. My DH lost 90lbs as well 2 years ago and has kept it off, currently weighing around 165lbs. We're both working out together, me to tone up and him lose a little bit of weight.

I am cruising September 11, 2011 on Carnival Valor. I am a gastric bypass patient and in the past 8 months, I have lost 144 lbs (so far). I am 20-something away from my goal.

I am a veteran 40-year dieter and finally got the idea that diets weren't going to work for my overly exhausted body. So I did this. It took a year of a lot of work and flying to see my doctor/surgeon once a month for that year, along with nutritionist, exercise physiologist, and counseling. It is the absolute BEST thing I've ever done next to marrying my husband.

One of the things that I want to offer for people who may be looking for a good exercise routine is Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone. It is a video series (1-, 2-, 3-, 4-, or 5-mile walks) with a full-body workout. I travel 100% for my job and so this is perfect for me. It is FAR better, to me, than a treadmill. She also has boot camp workouts, and workouts for target areas, while also completing a specific number of miles during the workout.

So if you aren't up to the P90X or if the Zumba is so dance-y that it feels impossible to get through, consider Leslie. She has a website that is her name. (I am not a paid spokesperson--I just have lost a LOT of inches (more than the average gastric bypass patient) and I attribute it to my working out "with" Leslie.

If I can ever help anyone, please let me know!

P.S., to those on WW... I have a friend who lost 240 lbs on Weight Watchers. I don't know HOW she did it, because I followed it faithfully for 6 months and lost nothing. LOL.

• 3 weeks later...

I lost 100 pounds before our cruise. We booked in Aug. 2009 and I started dieting 2 weeks later. I wanted to look good in all the cruise pictures. wink.gif

What I did was began exercising. Started out doing only 5 minutes a day on a glider machine, it's all I could handle. I wrote down everything I ate and kept my calorie intake at around 1200-1500 daily. I averaged about 10 pounds a month and by our cruise in Dec. 2010 I was at my goal weight. I've been maintaining the loss ever since by continuing to workout and watching my calories. For the cruise on this year I will be prepared:D

Archived